Chapter 80

Ambers POV

As I stood there watching all the kids in the pool, I started thinking about him. I slowly walked towards where the crew and Sara were sitting. They all had birthday hats on as they were all eating doritios and cocoa cola.

"There she is!" Robert screamed as it got mostly quiet. Everyone whistling and clapping at me as I laughed and slowly made my way towards the crew. Austin somehow wasn't there.

"Happy birthday" Each one of them said as I hugged them all. On the hot September day, Rob and Alex were half naked with shorts on. Zach was wearing a black shirt over. I never saw him without a shirt. Sara sat there next to Alex with her bikini on and her nicely tan.

I pulled a chair and sat with them. Noticing them all just chilling underneath the blazing sun. I look over at the pool and my neighbors came over and swam in it. Kids and unfamiliar faces everyone but I didn't mind. No one did.

"Amber?" I hear someone ask as I looked at the crew. All their eyes on my waiting for me to say somethin. I said "what?" confusingly as they all smiled at each other.

"I said ..." Zach played with his red cup in his hand.

"How does it feel like being 25?" He asked me as I noticed his sunglasses were down. Making me see nothing but his "beard."

"Oh ..." I stared off into the sky, wondering what to say. They all waiting for me as the wind kindly blew pass my shoulders.

"It's the same ..." I uttered while sighing as he nodded up and down. We all began talking about what happened this past 3 years.

Robert finally has a girlfriend. Zachs not that lucky. But Alex and Sara have been going out for about 6 years. Sara wants a proposal but I don't think thats gonna happen(only speaking the truth).

They all know what happened between Austin and I. We bought a house near both mine and Austins condo -but never visited- in Florida. Were currently living in a house with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a basement and a backyard(with a pool).

As we all were talking and updating each other about our lives, the sun slowly made its way down. Orange light filled the sky as it made me remember the day Austin proposed. Good memories.

All I hear is people started to sing "Happy birthday to you ..". Multiple people singing it behind me. I look behind shocked and with a smile on my face. Mama and my mom held the cake on either ends, making their way through the back door and out into the backyard.

I look over for Austin and he's behind them holding something that seems heavy. I laughed knowing what it was. Everyone chipped in and all began singing to me. Every steps mom and mama took, more people started singing.

They made their way and settled a 3 layered chocolate cake on the area of the table in front of me. I rocked side to side as they all continued singing.

"Happy birthday to Amberrrrrrr ..." Everyone said lastly as everyone be quiet after that. Confused to why they stopped. I then hear Austin sing "Happy birthday tooooo youuuu ..."

He stood beside the cake holding him. His feet dangling from Austins arms. One hand behind Austins neck and the other one Austin held. He looked at me with his hazel eyes and beamed oh so sweetly.