Chapter 41

Austins POV

"So what were you guys talking about?" Becky asked as I sat there looking at Amber. She's playing with her fork and spoon. I smiled while looking at her.

"Austin" Becky said as I snapped out of daydreaming. I looked over at her.

"What?" I asked confused.

"What were you guys talking about?" She asked and I sighed. I'm tired of this. I'm tired of Becky always asking me where I am or what were we talking about.

"Becky ..." I said turning to her and she turned to me.

"We both know that we're only doing this for publicity right?" I asked her quietly as she nodded yes with a smile.

"There's no cameras, there's no paparazzi" I said and she looked confused.

"What are you trying to say?" She asked while getting mad.

"Stop acting like a overprotective girlfriend." I confessed and I felt relieved.

"Oh ..." She said as she looked down.

"I thought I was your girlfriend." She said while looking away from me. I feel guilty.

"Only when there's cameras." I said as I turned back around and looked back at Amber.

Her elbows were on the table and she sat there alone. If only I was sitting with her.

"You still love her ... don't you." I hear Becky ask and i quickly looked at her. She raised her eyebrows waiting for me answer. I smiled and looked back at Amber.

"You won't understand." I said slowly while nodding my head.

"Try me." She said as I looked at her. She smiled faintly and I looked back at Amber. She was talking to Aunt Lisa next to her.

"She makes me happy." I spoke while staring at her.

"She makes me so happy, I can get hit by a car and still be happy." I said as I turned to Becky and smiled. She smiled faintly.

"Every day I think of her. Whenever she's away, I get worried or nervous." I confessed as I kept staring at Amber.

"So to answer your question ..." I said turning to her. She looked at me.