Chapter 68

Ambers POV

The sun shined brightly outside. Leaves rustling from the trees, the birds chirping above. New Yorkers walking quickly as they talked on their cell phones. Once i left Austin texted to me meet them in front of NYU.

As I walked to NYU with my black cap and purple gown. Yes. Purple gown. My palms sweaty and my dress underneath sticking to my bare skin. Back at the loft and while I was putting my gown on I checked what temperature it would be. The highest is about 90° and the lowest would be 74°.

As I looked like at the steps of NYU, I saw them. Alex wearing his red signature Nikes, Sara wearing a beautiful daisy summer dress, Robert wearing one of Austins t shirts but I didn't tell him I knew, Zach wore those 2 gold chains around his neck as he wore black cargo shorts. Austin stood there wearing a maroon shirt with those dark blue jeans and his black Nikes.

"Are you ready ?" Alex asked while chuckling after they all made fun of my "outfit".

"Yea .." Once I said that they all started making their way up the stairs. I scrunched my brows as I told them to wait. I forgot to tell them.

"What happened? Is the graduation in here?" Austin asked confused while looking at the doors of NYU. I nodded no and they all went back to ground level.

"The graduation is in Washington Square Park." I smiled at them and they all asked me why? in unison. I then explained to them that there are so many people graduating from NYU. We can't fit all those graduates in one building so we have to have the graduation outside.

Memories of Austin and I in Washington Square Park filled my mind. The first time I ever went to New York to meet Nash. We had dinner at WSP and I supposedly "broke up" with Austin there.

It only took about 2 minutes to walk there since Washington Square Park is practically across the street.

10 minutes later.

The sun blazed as we all were sitting on metal chairs. Graduates, family members, graduates as family members sitting in rows. All i see are black caps and purple gowns everywhere. The Board of Ed up there on the stage congratulating us for the spectacular year.

I try looking up and over trying to look for the crew but they're no where to be found. There's a lot of people. The girl next to me was crying for some reason. She had tears in her eyes while a guy was up there giving a speech. I didn't pay any attention because I don't like these people.

The guy next to won't stop looking at me. He keeps glancing down at me while I'm trying to find my friends. He had glasses and blue eyes. Fairly cute.

about and hour and 30 minutes later.

After we all stood up and got our diplomas I sat back down as everyone cheered. While I was up there they gave me a black book and my diploma. The real diploma comes in the mail. Where it says 4 Year Graduate of New York University.

Everyone started throwing their hats in the air and getting up and hugging each other but I sat there like a looser. I made me way out of the tight crowd and into the grass. I took my phone out and called Austin. It rang and rang until I heard him say "Amber" All excited. I asked him where he was and he said that he's looking for me.