Chapter 9

Ambers POV

I went downstairs and I heard people singing "Happy Birthday to.." I turned the corner and I see Alex sitting on a chair in front of a table. Sara and his mom came in holding the cake.

Its a 2 layer cake filled with chocolate. I kept my distance and I leaned on the wall near the stairs. As I was standing there, everybody was singing to him and I stood there enjoying the moment.

"Ahem." I hear someone clear his throat. I froze thinking it was Austin. I turned around slowly and it was Robert. I let out a sigh and laughed.

"Hi Robert." I said uncrossing my arms and giving Robert a hug. He pulled away from the hug.

"So how are you Amber?" He asked me and I looked at him.

"I'm good. how are you?" I asked him crossing my arms again. I look over at Alex and he's enjoying his company.

"Im going to college now." He said and it caught my attention.

"You are ... what kind of college?" I asked and he smiled.

"Its a community college but its said to be a good college." He said holding his drink in his hands.

"That's great." I said looking at him and he looked down and smiled.

"Good for you." I said punching his arm and he laughed.

"Okay I'm gonna go help Alex cut that cake." He said pointing at Alex and i looked at him. Alex had two hands on the knife forcing it down the frozen cake. I laughed.

"Okay. bye." I said leaning back against the wall. I watched Robert put his drink down and helped Alex with the cake. I laughed to myself.

"How's Nash?" His familiar voice sent chills down my spine. I look to my right and I see Austin standing next to me with a red cup in his hand.

Hair stood up and eyes locked on me. He licked his lips making me look at his plump lips.

Act cool.

"He's fine." My voice cracked and I see Austin smile. I cleared my throat.

"How's Becky." I said serious. He took a sip from the cup and licked his lips.

"She's fine." He said quickly, not caring about the question. it got awkward.

"So is Nash your boyfriend?" He said out of the blue. I turned to him abruptly.

"No ..." I said raising my eyebrows and my voice getting louder.

"Sorry it was just a question." He said stepping back and smiling.

"You dont need to get offensive over it." His voice annoyed me.

"Well we aren't a couple." I said firmly and he stepped closer. I looked back at the cake and I see people taking pieces of it.

"You guys would look cute together." He said and I smiled.

"No we wouldn't." I said denying the fact that we would look cute.

"Yea you would." He sang. Once he said that I turned to him.

"Stop." I demanded.

"Okay sorry." He said shutting up. I looked over at Alex and he smiled at me. I smiled back.

"You would." I hear Austin whisper close to my ear. I feel him squeeze my sides on purpose, I jumped. I turned around quickly.

"Austin!" I shrieked and he ran upstairs. I ran after him. Upstairs there's 3 doors. One to the left is the game room. One to the right is my room and the one in front of me is the bathroom. I then saw my room door move. I walked into my room slowly.

"Hello?" I asked while walking in my room slowly. I got in the middle of my room and no one was in here.

I then feel someone wrap their arms around my stomach. He lifted me up from the floor and spinning me around. I screamed and started laughing.

He set me down and I turned around and looked at Austin. His hands on my waist and my arms were forced around his neck. I feel him panting and my heart beated faster. He looked down at me and smiled.

His hazel eyes looked into mines and I see a splash of green and brown. It looked amazing, but not as amazing as before. He licked his red lips and he smiled.

What am I doing?

I unhooked my arms away from him and i pulled away from his grip. I stood there with with space in between us thinking what I just did.

"Um ... Sorry." I said pushing my hair behind my ear.

"You have a girlfriend ... What am I doing?" I turned to him and said. He looked down at me, raised his eyebrows and smiled showing me his white teeth.

"Yea i know. What am I doing? You have a boyfriend." He joked and i smacked his arm. He laughed showing me his smile.

"I'm gonna go." I said pointing to the door

"I'm coming too." He said walking behind me. We both downstairs and went back to the party. Throughout the party I couldn't stop smiling. I don't know why.

Why are you still smiling? Stop smiling. I thought to myself but I couldn't stop.

Remember what he did to you. Stop smiling and get yourself together. I thought to myself and I automatically stopped smiling.

He's your ex. You're not suppose to be doing that. I scolded myself. After that I rejoined Sara and Alex and enjoyed the party waiting to see what's gonna happen next.

Oh Austin. :DD hahaha thank you so much for reading this chapter ;)

Remember to vote if you like it so far :)

10 votes and I'll make chapter 9 :)