Chapter 66

Ambers POV

As I got up from the stage I feel my palms getting sweaty and my heart racing like crazy. Everyone's staring at me but I can get used to this. I mean its been a while since I last time sang on stage. After I won that singing contest I stopped singing for some reason. I just stopped.

Austin grabbed onto my hand while I mouthed the words I'm okay to Sara because she knew I wasn't ready for this. He went closed to my ear and asked me if I know the song Hate That I Love You by neyo ft rihanna. I nodded yes as he held a tan acoustic guitar in his free hand.

A man came over and set down two wooden stools in front of us as he set up two microphone stands in front of the stools. Austin pulled me out of the way and asked me if I'm alright.

"I'm fine." I looked into his dim eyes as he nodded and wrapped the guitar strap around his body.

"Let me hear it." He spoke lightly as everyone was chattering below us. My brows scrunched as I asked him what? as if he asked me for weed.

"Let me hear your voice so we can harmonize." He gave me a smile as he held the freakishly large guitar in front of him.

I nodded and let out a sweet high tone as he fixed his voice to match mine. I'm used to this. I never was shy about my voice. In the singing competition directors and vocal coaches would ask me to sing a note and I would. After singing for a while I got used to it. Austin and I sang together many times before so I've heard his and my voice work well together.

When the man was finished setting up he motioned us to come up on stage. As we walked into the spotlight I was blinded. I heard small squeals in the crowd as Austin said "I guess there's Mahomies in the audience." Once he said that more girl voices started screaming.

Austin sat beside me with both feet on the ledge of the stool as the guitar body rested on his right leg. His smile grew as he introduced me as his girlfriend singing with him. My heart began racing.

"This is called Hate That I Love You by Neyo." Austin spoke as he started playing the melody on the beautiful 6th string acoustic guitar.

I be can humming into the microphone as Rihanna did in the song. "That's how much I love you" I sang while closing my eyes. The guitar strumming in the background.

"That's how much I need you"

"And I can't stand you" I looked at Austin with a smile and he beamed back at me.

"Must everything you do make me wanna smile" I chuckled as I feel his knee touch mines.

"Can I not like you for awhile? No...."

"But you won't let me" He sang beautifully.

"You upset me girl and then you kiss my lips" He looked at me with his gorgeous eyes. My hand on the microphone while sitting on this wooden stool. Memories of me being the U Girl at one of his concert.

"All of a sudden I forget .."

"that I was upset" We both sang together.

"Can't remember what you did" He sang leading into the chorus.