Chapter 46

Ambers POV

I finally got out of NYU. The cold still night overcame me. Although John and I walk to school together, we separate ways after school.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said as he waves by to me and I nodded. He turned left and i went straight.

I holding my bag as the cold air gave me goosebumps. I started thinking about Austin. He has to come and see me. Austin would never forget about my birthday. I mean technically its still my birthday so he can come as see me right?

I walked passed Starbucks and the lights were out. The street lights were the only thing that brightened the streets and the sidewalk.

I mean he's probably at my loft with Sara and the Foolish Four getting ready to say Surprise! Happy Birthday Amber! I took my phone out and I have a billion messages from Sara, Alex, Rob, Zach, my mom, and even Brad. Them all telling me happy birthday and that I have a great day. I stared at Austins messages and he didn't say anything. Nothing.

Now I'm for sure he's waiting for me at my loft waiting to surprise me. I walk fast holding my bag behind me trying to get to the loft.

I eventually got there. The elevator took me up the 8th floor and I prepared myself.

Be surprised Amber. Just go along with it. I stood in front of the giant loft door. Excitement filled my veins.

I closed my eyes and reached for the doorknob. I quietly opened it as I walked in. My heavy book bag forced my shoulders back.

The loft looked normal, no surprise. I put my bag down and went over to the couch to see if anyone was hiding but there was no one. No one behind the couch. No one in the kitchen. No one in my room, under my bed or in my closet. I checked Nash's room and no one. Nash wasn't there. The loft was empty.

I then sat on the high chair near the center island in the kitchen. I felt alone. Austin didn't visit me, Nash is apparently missing and I'm stuck here alone on my birthday.

I look down and I see a note. It's from Nash. It said ...

I'm so sorry Amber for leaving you here alone on your birthday. But something happened, something bad. Open the freezer and there's your cake. Bye.

I sighed as I put the paper down and went to the freezer. Opened the cold freezer and there I saw it. A 2 layer red velvet, cream cheese frosting cake stood in front of me as I felt the cold air hit my skin. I took the delicious cake out and I set it on the table. Closed the freezer and took a large spoon out from the dishwasher and sat back in the chair with the cake in front of me.

Cursive words that said Happy 22nd Birthday Amber! with the cream cheese frosting. White balloons on the side and 22 candles stuck out of the cake. I took a lighter that was near me and I lite all 22 of them.

I'm 22 years old and I'm having a cake by myself in a loft. The one person that meant the whole world to me didn't come and my roommate that always spend time with me had an emergency. I'm here, alone on my birthday.

Once I lite all candles, I closed my eyes and made my wish.

I wish I don't spend my 22nd birthday alone.

I blew every candle out and opened my eyes. Smoke disappeared into the air. I took the spoon and dug in. No one else is gonna eat it besides me so I ate it like rice.

The red velvet flavors went very well with the cream cheese frosting. Every bite I took, made me want more and more. Its my birthday, I'm gonna eat my weight and I don't care if I get any fatter.

I took the gigantic cake and sat on the couch with cream cheese and velvet crumbs all over my face.

I know nobody is gonna be spending their time with me on my birthday so I gave up. I watched a rerun of Full House until it was 6 in the morning. By then, the cake was half eaten and I laid there watching the sun shine rise throughout the loft.

I called off of work telling my manager that I have food poisoning. Since i never missed one day of work, she let me "take off." I sat there in my clothes from yesterday. I didn't get up once I sat down.

I felt lonely. No one came. I went on Twitter and everyone said happy birthday but Austin. Even Cameron said happy birthday to me. I felt my eyes closing but i didn't let them, I made myself stay up.

I'm planning on just staying in. Not go to school. I just have to work on my bridge project. That's it. I have to design and create my own bridge and draw it and crap. I don't want to do it.

I laid there with the cake on my chest and my spoon sticking out of the cake. The TV on as John Stamos was riding a fake motorcycle.

I then hear a knock on the door. I sat there waiting for the person to leave but they kept on knocking loudly and annoyingly.

"Coming!" I yelled aggressively. I got up with a spoon filled with frosting in my mouth.

I made my way to the door. Hair messy, some in the ponytail and some not. Frosting all over my shirt as I gave up eating and rubbed it on my shirt. One sock on and one off.

I twisted the door open and there he was. Holding a cake up to my face.

He screamed "Happy 23rd birthday Amber!" When Austin said that I pushed the door closed until it slammed shut. Spoon still in my mouth. I turned around and thought.

I'm 22 you idiot.

I'm sorry if Amber was too fierce but I would be mad also.

Would you be mad if that special person forgot your birthday? I would. I would be furious!

Anywwassssss don't forget to vote !! 30 votes and I'll make chapter 46 !!