Chapter 22

Ambers POV

"After I broke up with him ...."

"You left." Sara said finishing my story. I smiled. After this whole year, I've finally told someone else about Austin and I and it felt good.

"Yea I left." I looked at my hands and nodded my head.

"I'm sorry it took me a long time to tell you how we broke up." I apologized after all these months. I see her smile and I felt like weight was lifted from my shoulders again.

"If only you knew." Sara chuckled and I scrunched my eyebrows. The car got silent and it felt awkward.

"If only I knew what?" I asked her and she turned her head to me then back at the road.

"Nothing." She shrugged it off but I didn't.

What does she mean by "If only you knew". ??

"Your destination is on your right." I hear the GPS spoke and I couldn't stop thinking about what Sara said. To get my mind focused I looked to my right and I see it.

The familiar tannish sand and the dark blue and light blue ocean. Palm trees everywhere and I smiled to myself. It looks so beautiful.

"Your mom said that she booked this beach" Sara said as I was looking it.

"What do you mean?" I turned to her and she stopped the car.

"We've book this beach and cabins for this weekend. So its just gonna be all 8 of us." She smiled and looked back at the beach. I don't see a soul on the sand or in the ocean.

Sara and I drove up slowly and I see the brown, wooden cabins. Giant logs stacked on each other to make a house that fits two. A door in front and glass windows on the side and front of the cabins. Its like a mini house.

The cool thing about it is that there's a parking lot right in front of our cabins. Then there's the beach. The lot wasn't that big. It was big enough to fit at least 4 cars.

It looked amazing. Our car moved up and left me waiting to see more about the cabins.

We all then moved our way to the reservation office. Which was only 5 minutes away from the cabins.

We all got out of our cars and headed towards the building to get our keys for the cabins. The hot air made me sweat in my hoodie.

"If you keep on going straight down that road ..." Sara pointed toward a road I've never seen before.

"There's a town. Like bars, motels, markets." She continued and I nodded. I guess I'm gonna be going there a lot.