Chapter 47

Ambers POV

"Amber." Austin said with worry and confusion. I hear the front door open as I pretended he wasn't here.

I sat back down on the couch and scooped another spoon of frosting and stuffed it in my mouth. I hear the door close and the creaking of the floor.

"Amber. What's wrong." He spoke and I didn't say anything until he figured it out. I laid Nash's cake on my lap and continued eating it.

"Amber." I feel him brush his hand behind my back and I scooted away. Not making eye contact.

"What's wrong Amber?" I hear him say again, but I didn't say anything. I rolled my eyes and kept eating the red velvet cake. I looked up and Friends started playing.

As I was watching, Austin walked in front of the TV and blocked it. He wasn't holding his cake. He probably put it on the table.

I switch my body left and right so i can see what was happening in Friends but he spread his arms out so I couldn't watch. I looked at him and his brows were raised.

He wore a black t with a thin gold chain that hit against his chest. Hair stood up as his dark blue jeans sagged a little bit. No shoes on, I guess he made himself comfy.

I rolled my eyes and got up from the couch with Nash's cake in my hand. Pissed off that he forgot my birthday and he forgot my age.

Who forgets about my age?

I went over to the kitchen and passed by Austins cake as it said Happy 23rd Birthday !. I bit my lip thinking what the flavor was, but that was besides the fact that he forgot my age as well.

I opened the freezer and put the half eaten cake inside. But as I turned back, Austin was there. I tried avoiding him but he blocked my way.

"Why are you mad?" He asked as he stood on the other side of the center island table. Pots hung above and cabinets on all sides of the 4 side table.

I kept walking but he stopped right in front of me. Making me smell that familiar cologne. His hands on both of my arms but i tugged them away aggressively. Telling him that im mad with my body language. I stepped back as he looked at me confused.

"Amber. Why are you so mad at me?" He spoke.

He really is clueless.

I looked away as he stood there trying to figure out why I'm mad. The tension between us made it hard for me to concentrate on something besides him.

"I would rather you scream at me than not talk to me at all." He uttered and I finally look at him. My eyebrows raised and I bit my bottom lip. He stood there confused.

"You really DON'T know " I stepped back and leaned on the countertop. He shrugged with his hands in his pockets.

"Happy Birthday?" He questioned and I scowled at him. Holding my anger in.

"I thought you wanted me to come for your birthday." His eyebrows scrunched and eyes filled with confusion.