Chapter 62

3 months later ...

Ambers POV

I got home tired and exhausted as always. The loft was dark so i turned on the lights. Everything has been the same these last 3 months. School, job all the same. Nothing really changed.

I opened Nash room door and he's laying there peacefully sleeping. Its 12 so who wouldn't be sleeping. I checked my phone to see if anyone texted me but it was empty as always.

I haven't texted Austin since last month. He finally opened up to me and talked about the conference this month. He told me that he was nervous and confused about what he was gonna say.

I sat on the couch and scrolled down our text messages and read them in my head.

Austin:

"I'm confused. I don't know what to say. I want to say that I never stopped loving you but I also want to say that I love Becky so I don't "ruin" my career. Its all confusing."

Me:

"Whatever makes you feel more comfortable. I'm not gonna tell you which one to say because that would be wrong. Follow what your heart tells you."

After I texted that he said thank you and that he needed to do rehearsals. Then after that he never texted me again. I wanted to start texting him but he's probably busy.

I turned my phone off and put it in my pocket. I quickly stepped to where I put my bag down and went to my room. The cold door handle gave me goosebumps as I opened the door.

My eyes stared directly at his as the door swung open. He lightly smiled while sitting on my high bed. He wore a light black varsity jacket (i can see his muscles) with the letters AM on the chest area, white T-shirt underneath, black ripped jeans exposing his bare skin, black beanie covering his hairline and plain white socks.

"Austin what are you doing here?" I asked surprised while walking in and closing the door quietly. I put my heavy bag on the bed right next to him as I pulled my vans off.

"I needed to talk to you." He put my bag on the floor as he patted the area next to him, telling me to sit. I sat next to him and looked down at my bag, thinking about the work I forgot to do at school.

"Talk about the conference?" I asked kicking the arm of my bag. His low voice said "no" and I looked up at him confused.

"Talk about us." He uttered and I feel my heart beat faster. His calm expression made me feel worried.

"What about us?" I brang my feet off the ground and sat in a criss cross position next to him. He sighed and faced his whole body towards me. One leg on the bed and one not.