Chapter 25

Ambers POV

We all sat in front of the camp fire. The darkness overcome us and the only source of light was the fire. Sara on top of Alex's lap. Robert and Zach both sitting on a log. Austin and I sitting on another. The light orange glow reflected off their faces.

Robert brought 4 packs of 6 bottles of Sam Adams (24 bottles in total). Samuel Adams is a rich beer. It pours an opaque pitch black color with a small creamy dark tan head that eventually reduces to a small layer floating on top.

Robert passed the beers down and I got mine. The coldness of the bottle gave me goosebumps. But the familiar label that said Samuel Adams Imperial Stout made me smile. Memories filled my mind when I looked at it.

Although Sam Adams is beer, and some people don't like beer, I'm quite fond of having it. I've drank Sam Adams before and I absolutely love it. My mom showed me Sam Adams and I've loved it since then.

I hear a pop noise besides me and I see Austin strongly open the bottle. I was surprised. It takes a lot of strength to open the bottle. I can't open it, its too hard.

"Can you open mine?" I asked him as I passed my bottle over to him. He smiled and I saw his small yet faint dimple.

My eyes widen when I saw his muscles flex. The bottle cap snapped opened and he handed it over to me. I'm 21 so I'm aloud to drink.

Once Austin passed the bottle over to me I quickly smelled it. Wanting to smell the sweetness and acidic bottle.

I put the bottle near my nose and closed my eyes. A deep, dark chocolate aroma that smells like fresh fudge brownies. The aroma is very light roasted malts, some sweet chocolate. It just made me smile.

I opened my eyes and quickly took a sip. A little acidity on first taste, but I didn't mind. Though the acidic beginning, i began drinking more and tasted dark roasted chocolate that gives way to a blast of dark fruit with some dark cherry juice. Then it continues with sweet brownie flavors and eventually gives a finish of caramel, butterscotch and day old coffee.

"So where's my mom?" I asked as I held the bottle of heaven in my hands. I took a sip of it again and got the same taste as before.

"She's doing something with the wedding." Sara said to me. I see all of them start drinking the beer. All I hear is the crackling of the fire and the moaning of the others because of the beer.

"So Amber." I hear someone say and I look up.

"What are you gonna do when you go back to New York?" Zach asks me. I smiled.

"I'm gonna go back and finish my senior year at NYU and ..."

"Wait ... you're a senior in NYU?" Austin asks me. I looked at him and nodded yes.

"Then what are you gonna do?" Zach continued.

"I'm probably gonna be looking for more colleges." I looked at Zach and he looked down.