Chapter 45

Ambers POV

My eyes stayed shut as I heard my alarm clock go off. I laid there wishing it would snooze by itself. But I know that wont happen. I sat up zombie like and hit the snooze button.

I sighed when I didn't hear the waves crashing in the shore or the birds chirping high in the sky. I wasn't home.

The sunlight shined through the light brown curtains. I lifted my eyelids open to see what time it is. The green bright light made me squint as I read 8:30 on the clock.

I forced myself to get up and I take a shower. The warm water relaxed my muscles as I stood there enjoying the way it cooled me. After a couple minutes standing here I finally opened my eyes and washed my hair and body.

Dried myself and let my short hair out and air dry. Put on my panty and bra. Slipped in my black jeans with a blue short sleeve shirt. Took my green apron that had my name tag pinned onto it and my green cap with a Starbucks pin.

Its been at least a month since I came back from Florida. I thought as I put on my pair of black vans.

I kept contact with the Foolish Four but not with Austin. My mom texted me here and there but the last thing she told me was that she was going on her honeymoon this month. It sucks because I was planning on going back for some reason.

I started my senior year at NYU. Its pretty hard. Teachers still pushing me to do better with my drawing and thesis papers. But overall, I'm the top of my class.

Told Nash that I'm going to work and he groaned. I closed the door quietly as I put my phone in my back pocket. My bag filled with books and pencils for so after work I go straight to school.

I took my keys and as I was about to leave. I hear someone stumble behind me. I turned around in surprised.

"Oh god Nash." I laughed as he stood up quickly.

"You know what today is right?" He looked at me with his eyebrows raised. Hair stood up and Nash fluttered open.

"No. what's today?" I asked confused.

"Its your birthday!" He shouted as he leaned in for a hug. I hugged him confused.

"Its September 19th?" I asked as he pulled away from the hug.

"Yes! Happy Birthday!" He screamed and I laughed.

"Thanks !" I leaned in for another hug and quickly pulled away.

"I need to go. I'll see you later." I said heading toward the door. He waved by as I went out the door.

I didn't even realize it was my birthday. School, tests and quizzes were all in my mind. I guess that I was too busy with my school, I didn't notice it was my birthday.

When I walked to Starbucks I hear so many people scream Happy Birthday Amber! I look up and everyone was smiling at me even the customers.

There were a full line of customers. As I was tying the back of my green apron I greeted my colleges.

"Hey Amber. Happy Birthday." Brenda told me as she patted my back. I smiled and said thank you.

"Can you work the register?" Brenda asked as she was holding 5 cups at a time.