Hawaii Pt. 2

I am so unbelievably sorry for the long wait. I was just in a very dark place and had to go to a clinic to get my life back on track. This is just short, but the next chapter is coming very, very soon. I feel like this could be something more... Maybe I should make it a book or something? What do you think? 

Also I would LOVE for you to leave me comments!

Love you all so much and I hope you enjoy this one.

Y/N sighed when she saw the raven haired woman in her shop again. This must be the fifth time she came to the shop, this week alone. She really didn't know what to say, because she appreciated the fact that Lauren was trying to win her back, but also she felt better after she came to Hawaii and now that Lauren was constantly there, all her old feelings came back to the surface and she felt sad again. Of course she knew that the distance was going to be hard for the two of them, but when she came back and saw Lauren and her boyfriend... she felt more than betrayed. Y/N stayed away from everyone in order to avoid acts out of loneliness and even though she wouldn't want Lauren to do the same, because she was always a social person, she hoped that Lauren would at least stay away from these kind of people.

So Y/N began her new life, without Lauren by her side and thought that one day, she could maybe enjoy it. At one point she found a gallery that needed people and she applied for the job. With her Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Cooper Union School of Arts they took her almost instantly, because most of the people who applied just wanted to have a laid back job. In the end she was supposed to find new paintings and sculptures or new artists for the exhibitions. Sadly the gallery couldn't afford their rent anymore and had to close. So after a while and after she realized that no one of her old friends were left, she packed her things, sold all of her furniture and booked a one-way flight to Hawaii. There she could work on her old passion: surfing. And for a few months she just did that until an old surfboard shaper found her and asked if she would want to shape her own board. She agreed, just for the fun and found out that she really enjoyed it. After the old man retired, which was just a few months later, so she took over his shop and now works close to Haleiwa. Now, she was living her dream - that was until Lauren and her former friends came around.

"Lauren seriously, you have to stop this," Y/N sighed and rubbed her face tiredly. "Also I can't let people just look at stuff everyday, other people start to do the same. Either you buy something or I have to ask you to leave."

Lauren looked around the shop and picked up the first small thing she saw. "Here, I want this."

Y/N sent her a look. "Wax? You want wax? For what exactly do you need wax?"

"Ugh, we wouldn't have to do this if you would just talk to me!" Lauren let out a frustrated groan.

Like this was so easy. Even if Y/N didn't want to admit it, she was still very heartbroken and hurt. Also, she was extremely mad at Lauren for just coming to Hawaii, to her shop and back into her life. Just like that. And that she actually expected the girl to ran back into her arms.

"We wouldn't have to do anything of this if you wouldn't have hooked up with that guy!" Y/N shouted, her hands trembled and tears stung in her eyes. "You hurt me Lauren. I loved you so much and was so excited for a future with you... I was broken after that and I'm still trying to put my heart back together."

Lauren looked taken back, but she understood her former love. "I know I hurt you, believe me, I know that, but I want to make it up to you. I want that future with you. Just give me a chance, please."

"I can't let you hurt me anymore, Lauren," Y/N whispered, looking down at her hands. "I don't even know you anymore. I mean, it's been years."

The green eyed woman thought about that. She was right. Then she remembered that Ally wanted to take surf lessons and Dinah and Normani said the day before that it would be cool to actually build their own surfboard, even though they would never use it.

"I have an idea and if that doesn't work, I'll leave you alone," at this she had the other woman's interest, which hurt her a bit. "Ally and I want surf lessons and Dinah and Normani want to shape their own surfboard. We could all get to know each other again and if you feel comfortable enough we could maybe go out for a coffee or something."

"Do they even surf?"

"No, but they thought it's cool to have a board in their apartment. Decoration or something, you know how they are," Y/N chuckled at that and Lauren grinned at her. "So we have a deal?"

Y/N sighed. "We have a deal," she said and Lauren bounced around, beaming like she has just seen Santa. Immediately she shot her a pointed look. "But no funny business Lauren." 

Lauren nodded excitedly and smiled at Y/N. "Can I please hug you? It's been so long. Just a friendly one."

The other woman eyed her ex lover for any signs that she would try something different. When she didn't find anything, she nodded softly and sent her a tiny smile. Lauren came closer and carefully hugged the woman. She breathed in her sweet scent, tears welled up in her eyes, realizing that she missed Y/N's touch so much. It hurt her heart to know that she caused their separation. Y/N patted her back, signaling Lauren that she wanted to let go.

After they bid their goodbyes, Lauren left the shop with a heavy heart but light steps. She was excited for her time with Y/N. She just wondered what the girls would say.

-------------------------

"You did what?! Lauren it was a joke with the board!" Dinah exclaimed.

"Oh come on Dinah! It was your idea that we come to Hawaii and that I have to win her back, don't leave me alone with this. Also, she's your friend, too. Don't you want her back into your life again?" Lauren asked her friend and held her hand, hoping that she would give in. Luckily Normani helped her out.

She walked closer and patted her friends shoulder. "She's right Dinah, we want Y/N back as well. Let's just try it. It might be fun. Ally is already packing her stuff for tomorrow, I think she's even more excited than Lauren."

Dinah laughed softly and then shrugged. "Alright, I guess it could be fun and if I help you guys out... You owe me Jauregui!"

Lauren nodded and told her that she owed her big time. Still she wondered why the blonde woman was so... reserved about this. The truth was, Dinah was actually scared to be with Y/N again. She left her friend alone, too and was scared of her reaction. Sure, Lauren hurt her the most, but Y/N wasn't someone who would just leave the country over a heartbreak. At least not a heartbreak caused by one person. 

All of the girls had a hard time falling asleep, not knowing what would happen tomorrow. Little did they know that a few miles away from them, Y/N lied in her bed, feeling the same.