Nobody

Everybody knows the name Y/L at my high school. Not even in a negative way, everybody swoons when they hear it. Just not because of me. I even doubt that people know my name in general. But everybody knows my brother.

Drake Y/L.

We are twins and the world apparently thinks he is the pretty one. So he gets what he wants and doesn't have to move a finger, while I have to work my ass off. He even won a goddamn car!

And that brings me to my current situation. Drake and I are standing in the parking lot of our school and the second he gets out, girl and boys come his way. "See ya later loser!" He calls and grins at me before walking off.

Don't get me wrong, we get along, just not in school. We ignore each other moment we step out of his car. Which isn't that hard because all of his friends ignore me, too. Except one.

"Y/N, have you seen your brother?" Lauren, my brothers best friend, asks me and kisses my cheek when she reaches me.

I blush and try to hide my face. "He just walked away with his subjects."

She laughed and I could have died. "You should really stop calling his friends that."

"But that's what they are! The follow him everywhere like he could walk on water," I tell her and feel myself getting worked up again.

Lauren puts her hand on my shoulder and grinned, showing her pearl white teeth. "I don't."

I stare at her eyes and get lost in them. "I know, you are special," I mumble.

She smiles softly, like she knows that I have the biggest crush on her. "Come on, let's go. We will be late for class."

When we start walking a group of girls catch up with us. "Morning Lauren," one of the says, completely ignoring me.

"Good morning Mani."

"Who are you going to prom with, Lauren?" Another asks, I think her name is Dinah, and internally I groan. Prom here, prom there. Bla bla bla. "Are you going with Drake Y/L?"

Lauren turns her head towards her and my heart stops for a while. "Why would I do that?"

"Come on, you are the power couple! Prince Charming and Queen Bee!" Ouch...

She laughs at that and shakes her head. "I think Drake has a lot of girls waiting for him."

We walk to the class we share and sit down in our usual spots. Even though Lauren was never ashamed of knowing me or being friends with me, we never sat next to each other.

It never bothered me that Lauren was closer to my brother than to me, even though I knew her first, but the topic with prom bothered me. Prom itself already bothers me and her going with Drake would make everything worse.

Slowly I pulled my phone out and texted her.

Y/N:
Who do you want to go with?

I can see her furrowing her brows and smile to myself.

Y/N:
To prom, I mean.

Lauren:
Oh okay. I'm not sure, yet.

Y/N:
Do you want to go with Drake?

Lauren:
Maybe.

Double ouch.

Y/N:
K.

I could feel her eyes on me and did my best not to look at her. It wasn't her fault, I mean, she didn't know, but I was so mad at her. Why, why of all people does she have to go with my brother?

The rest of the day went smoothly, except that I didn't talk to anyone and took the bus home.

When Drake walked through my bedroom door he put his hands on his hips and raised his brows. "So?"

"So what? Drake I don't have time for this."

He put his hands up in defense. "Okay, okay. I just wanted to ask you why took the bus?"

"I didn't feel like waiting and being ignored."

"Lauren asked as well." Sometimes I swear he knows it and that makes everything worse.

"And?"

"Okay, I know you want to study or whatever, but I have to tell you something. Or ask you something," he says, not backing down.

I sigh, but wave my hand.

"I want to ask Lauren if she will go to prom with me."

WHAT!

"What? Lauren? Why?" I ask, my heart rate picking up.

"I never slept with someone and I know Lauren for years now, so..."

"Wait, you want to go with her to prom because it's easier for you to fuck her?!" I answer, my voice dangerously low.

"Come on! Don't say it like that! It sounds terrible this way."

"It is terrible! Drake you can't do that! I won't let you do that!" I tell him.

"Calm down. You won't tell her a thing. She wouldn't believe you anyway," he says and gets up, looking annoyed.

"You can't do this! I don't agree with everything you do, but you are not a fuckboy and she's your best friend!"

"That's why I want to do this! It'll be so much easier and less embarrassing... for both of us," he says.

"Lauren really doesn't need you to do this. Did you think of how much that will hurt her if she'll find out?"

"She won't find it out."

"Of course she will! And if she doesn't, I'll tell her!"

He laughs mockingly. "And then what? Are you going to declare your love for her? And hope that she will go out with you? You know that won't happen, not while I'm in the picture. You know that, or else you would've told her already."

As much as I hated him right know, he was right. I turned away, taking a deep breath. Deciding that Laurens feelings were way more important to me than my own, I turned back to my brother. "I won't let you do that. Lauren is my friend too and I won't let her get hurt. Especially by you."

He took a step closer to me, staring me straight in the eyes. "You won't do a thing."

Taking another step forward I looked straight back. "Don't underestimate me."

Da da da... I think a part two never hurt nobody.