I remember

I am not dead I'm just lazy and therefore stressed. BUT I'M BAAACK. Comment, vote and read!

Camila and I were best friends for like

Camila and I were best friends for like... ever. Since I can remember, she was always there. When I had my first playground fight, my first broken arm and when my parents said that they want to move to a different part of Miami. I remember how my parents told Alejandro and Sinu and I also remember the look on Mila's face when she heard it. We were 5, but we were best friends and now these stupid adults, aka my parents, decided to rip us apart. At least, that's what we thought.

"We wanted to look for another house since Mila is here, we just never knew where," Alejandro told my parents and smiled at his daughter. "But I guess now we do?"

My parents absolutely loved the idea and we did too. So I also remember when our family moved to the same street and how we were only two houses apart from each other.

I always thought it would be Mila and I against the world. Alone together. Dynamic Duo. Thelma and Louise. But then, the door of the house between our houses opened and a young girl, just our age, stepped out. Camila and I stalked her for a week or something until our parents invited them over for a BBQ, to get to know them. We learned that the girls name was Lauren and she had two siblings, a baby brother and a baby sister. We hit off right away. Soon the Dynamic Duo became the Three Musketeers.

I remember how Camila and Lauren got closer when they turned 16, how hurt I was for being left out and how my heart broke into a million pieces when they told me that they were a couple. Truth was, I was utterly and deeply in love with Lauren. I was just far too scared to tell her and when I thought that I could, I noticed them drifting away from me. Being friends with them was hard, especially when they told me about their dates, their idea of going to prom together and their first time. But I always thought that it wouldn't hurt so much over the years, until they told me that they're engaged. I packed my things and left the city for the weekend. When I came back to New York, where we moved together, they told me that they're thinking of moving back to Miami, probably alone. I felt like fainting.

I remember the feeling of betrayal. Not because Camila had Lauren and I didn't, because they're my best friends! They wanted to leave me!

"You what?" I asked, my voice cracking.

Lauren reached out to me. "Babe..."

I pulled my hand away, like her touch burned me. I saw the hurt flashing across her face. "Don't call me that. Camila this was our dream! Since we were little! We always wanted to live in the big city and now? You want to go back to Miami?"

She looked up at me, sadness in her eyes. "We are thinking about starting a family, Y/N."

Her voice was soft but I couldn't bring myself to understand them. So I did something really stupid. I snorted and told them that this was ridiculous.

"You know what is ridiculous Y/N?! You and your countless affairs and one night stands! Look at your life, yes, you have a great job and yes, you earn a lot of money, but besides that you don't have anything, or anyone," Lauren shouted.

I looked past her at Mila and she looked at me like she couldn't recognize me. "I have you."

I remember how Camila got up and said "not anymore" before leaving. This was even worse then they told me they would leave.

I found myself losing my mind without them. Especially Lauren. She always brought me back down to my feet when my life got to stressful. Out late night conversations or the pizza dates when Camila had to work late on Friday.

But being away from Camila was different. It felt like I wasn't there. Like she took me with her.

So I tried not to think of them and distracted myself. Yeah it may have been sex, but not even that worked.

"Y/N seriously, this is the third time you said her name," the woman next to me said.

"Sorry, I'm just-"

"In love?" She cut me off. I nodded and buried my face into my hands. "Do something about it, don't let her slip away."

So that brings me to my current situation. I'm sitting outside of Camila's and Lauren's house, because I flew to Miami and try to get myself together to talk to them.

Just when I want to get out of the car I see Lauren's car approaching. She gets out and looks flawless, so beautiful. Lauren tries to open the door but since she has all her hands full, it's quite difficult. She calls for Camila and a few seconds later the door swings open and reveals the brunette. They kiss for short moment and both get in.

In that moment I know that I have to apologize and tell them that I support them with everything I can. I walk up to their door, rehearse my speech in my head and knock. The door opens again and shows my best friend.

Lauren's eyes widen and then she smiles brightly, exactly knowing why I was there. Only that the reason why I was there, slipped my mind and instead of "I'm sorry" I said something different.

"I'm in love with you."