Moon River

THANK YOU FOR 1K MY LOVES. THIS IS DEDICATED TO ALL OF YOU. I hope you like it and I hope there are no mistakes in it! ENJOY, COMMENT AND VOTE.

 I hope you like it and I hope there are no mistakes in it! ENJOY, COMMENT AND VOTE

Lauren and you worked together on a huge work project. It took a lot of time and you both were rarely at home. But you did it. You finished the project, which was a huge success by the way and you were celebrating.

"Come on L/N! Let's get something to drink!" Lauren shouts over the music.

You laugh at her and shake you head. "I already drank waaaay to much."

"Don't be a party pooper, one more!"

Of course you give in, because nobody could resist Lauren Jauregui. But before you can stand up, your girlfriend grabs your biceps.

"Don't you think you had enough?" She asks, clearly annoyed. Out of the corner of your eyes, you can see Lauren rolling hers.

"It's just one more, babe. No big deal," you tell her soothingly.

"For you it's not that hard, but I have to carry your drunk ass home," she snapped at you.

Lauren chimed in. "Well then, I can take her home. Now come in Y/L." She pulled you away and groans. "I'm sorry, but your girlfriend is a pain in the ass."

"Apparently I'm the pain today. Am I that drunk?" You ask, feeling insecure.

"You aren't, she's just overreacting. You are never allowed to have fun in her presence," Lauren gives you another drink and a shot.

You both first drank the shot and just when you wanted to sip on your actual drink a slow song came on. Every couple walks to the small dance floor in the bar and softly swing to Frank Ocean's Moon River. You decide to ignore it, because first, you have a drink waiting for you and second, your girlfriend is on the other side of the bar.

Suddenly Lauren's voice pulls you out of your thoughts. She helds her hand out and smiles softly at you. "May I have this dance?"

You were so surprised by the action that you just took her hand and let her lead you to the dance floor.

Softly you were swaying to the music, Lauren's head on your shoulder, your hearts beating between you. You couldn't decide whose beat more, hers or yours.

She pulled her head up and looked at you straight in the eye, a very small smile playing on her lips.

And because everything in that moment seems so natural and sweet, you couldn't stop yourself. "You are very beautiful, Lauren. And if I wouldn't have a girlfriend, I would go after you right now."

She blushed and hid her face in your neck, you laughed softly and stroked her back. "Y/N, I have to tell you something. I'm-"

Before she could finish her sentence, your girlfriend roughly pulled you away. "We're leaving," she told you trough gritted teeth.

You couldn't even object or say goodbye to anyone because she had such a strong grip on your arm. "Hey, you are hurting me."

"Oh too bad!" She said once you were in a cab.

"Clarissa what's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? What is wrong with you?! You were basically eye fucking that bitch."

"Hey!"

"What? You protecting her now?"

"If you call her that, of course. She's my friend."

"We both know she's  so much more," Clarissa laughed sarcastically.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't play dumb, Y/N. It ain't suiting you right."

"I'm not. Enlighten me."

"Okay! All those late night working sessions, those messages, those random calls the meetings. The looks! Do you think I'm that dumb? I know you have a thing for her and don't even deny it."

And then it hits you. You do. You are in love with your colleague and all you do is thinking about her. To get her out of your head you stayed with Clarissa, but it never worked out. And tonight she wanted to tell you the same. That's why she wanted to dance. That's why Moon River played. That was her plan.

"You are right."

"What?" Clarissa asked, totally shocked.

"I am in love with Lauren. Utterly and deeply in love with Lauren," you went to for the door when the cab had to stop for a traffic light.

"If you leave this car now, don't you dare come back," the woman tells you.

You look at her and open the door. You ran through the streets, back to the bar, hoping Lauren was still there. Your friends told you she left short after you, saying she didn't feel good. So you jumped into the next cab and drove to her home.

You knocked furiously on her door, until she opened it.

"Y/N what are you doing here? I thought-" this time you cut her off.

You kissed her and pushed her back into her apartment when you felt that she kissed you back. Kicking the door shut, you push her against it and kiss her with all those feelings you suppressed these past months. But before anything else could happen, Lauren stopped you.

She was out of breath. "As much as I would love to continue this, why are we doing it?"

"I'm in love with you. I'm so in love with you. And when Clarissa said it out loud, I knew that everybody else knew and there was no way of denying anymore. I'm in love with you Lauren."

Laurens eyes were bright and her smile huge. She kissed you again with so much passion that you can barely take it. Both of you stumble into her bedroom and one closes the door.