Friendzone

Second chapter, here we gooo.

Y/N POV:

"So I've got us pizza, ice cream, that weird soda you like and... that's it actually," you say while you transport all the food to the coffee table. When you put everything down you notice that Lauren hasn't moved since she walked into your living room. You stop and look at her confused. "Lo? Is everything alright?"

When she looks at you, you notice that her eyes are glistening. "We need to talk, Y/N."

You sigh. Knowing what she wants to talk about. "Lauren if this is about the cat, I told you that she's okay. I swear I saw her moving, but if you want me to check on her I-", she cuts you off with a shake of her head, "Well then, what is it?"

"I-I can't do this anymore," she tells you, her voice cracks and she fumbles with her hands. A habit she has when she's nervous.

"You can't do what? Talk to me babe," you tell her and take her hand to lead her to the sofa. She follows you and sits next to you. "Now come on. You know you can tell me everything," you whisper and caress her cheek. She leans into your touch and smiles, but not in her usual way. It seems... sad.

"I have to tell you something and please, please, don't be mad at me," Lauren says and you chuckle softly at that. How could you ever be mad at her? She's your best friend. "I like you. God, I like you so much. It's hard to be around you because of the way I feel, but you make me feel so loved and it's so great to be your best friend. But I can no longer deny that I want more. That I want you. Y/N, I love you. "

There it is. Something you thought would never happen. You were sure that you would be the one who would fall for her, but the other way round? No way. So to say that you're surprised is an understatement.

"Y/N?" She asks and you can hear how insecure she is.

"Lauren..." you start because you honestly don't know what to say. Lauren is such a great person. She is so beautiful. Not only from the outside, no even more from the inside. If you've ever seen Lauren, you know how beautiful her mind must be. She's caring and loving and she's always there for you, whatever you need. She listens to every single stupid thing you tell her even when you know that it doesn't interest her. But she's your friend... nothing more.

Abruptly she gets up and nods in agreement. "Yeah, I know. I thought so. I'm sorry. I'm gonna leave," she walks to the door in a hurry and gives you a hard time to keep up with her.

"Lauren no wait! You are my best friend, I can't lose you," you tell her, tears in your eyes.

"But that is the problem, I am only your best friend and I can't do that right now. I am so sorry," her own tears are now rolling down her cheeks and you swear that you never saw her that hurt. Knowing that you are the cause of it makes you feel even worse. Before you can do anything else, she leaves.

At first, you wanted to run after her, but then you decided that you would give her time and after your stupid "you are my best friend, I can't lose you" thing, you think she needs some space from you. So now, you are sitting on your sofa, eating all the stuff you bought for your weekly movie night. Your heart hurts at the thought that you might have lost your best friend.

- - - - - - - - - -

LAUREN POV:

I knew that telling her wasn't a good idea, but I needed to tell her and now I'm alone at a bar. Also, this random girl keeps talking and can't take a hint. Seriously, I don't even think that I can't remember anything that she told me. I have to think about Y/N, even though she flipped me off, I felt bad for sitting here and apparently giving this girl the vibe that we have a connection or something. Stupid, right?