Captivated

It was Laurens Birthdaaaaaaay. So I decided to write something about it. Also I have a huge spider in my room and can't sleep because of it. Someone save me pls.

This picture is cute and it's on a rooftop and it's perfect

Work work work work work. Na na na na na na na. You hum to yourself so you don't get mad at everyone here. Even though your boss promised you that you would have today off, he called you and asked if you could work. Well, he kinda told you that you have to work. You didn't have a choice. So now, you are here in a sweaty club and try to think of the reasons why you started working here in the first place.

Cash.

The payment was good and technically, you have the day for yourself. You just can't enjoy it, because you are so tired, that you have to sleep all day or have to go to class. So there wasn't that much time for anything else.

But mostly the guests are okay and don't talk to you that much. Which is definitely a pro for the job. Because drunk people, loud music, sticky liquor and a tired Y/N is not a good mix. Again, you think of the reasons why you work here.

To prove your point someone pulls you inside of their booth and giggles. "Hey you," says a raspy voice.

You clear your throat and try to offer a polite hello yourself. "Hello." Wow, great work Y/N.

"What are you doing here gorgeous?" the voice asks again and this time you turn around. Holy shit!

"Here?" You ask dumbly and you can hear a few other giggles.

"Yeah here in New York. Are you visiting someone?" the hot woman says and grins at you, showing of her pearl white teeth.

You shake your head. "No, I live here." One of your colleagues waves his hand at you, wanting that you come over. "And now I'm working. Sorry, see you around."

Trying to make your way over to him you still can't get over how the woman looked. God damn. She was beautiful and that voice? Flawless.

After a while of making drinks, someone approaches you by the bar. You turn around and recognize the guy. He was sitting next to the woman. "Can I help you with something?" You ask, because well, it's your job.

"Yeah, you can stay away from my girlfriend," he shouts over the music.

Normally, you just would have told him that it's okay and there's no need to worry, but of course today you don't. "First of, I think she didn't feel bothered by me, second, she talked to me and third, I think she is someone who can stand up for herself." That was such a bad idea. The guy looked furious.

"Just stay the fuck away from her, or I make you," he threatens but you don't back down. You shrug cooly and turn back to your work. But your heart beats like crazy and your hand won't stop shaking. Why did I do that?