19. Birthday Party

Start from the beginning

And I want to give her that hope, if that will help her. “Yeah it will! It is only a virus, you will feel much better soon!”

“Yes.” She smiles widely and playfully adds. “And we can go hakkûh together!” She stands from her seat and attempts to hakken.

I giggle, she is really terrible at it. But I love how she tries, she tries so hard. She is such a fighter.

When she stops and sits down again with a chuckle, I can hear her heavy breathing. She is so easily out of breath, after just a few seconds of dancing. It scares me, but I don’t want to lose hope. Maybe it really is just a virus and with an antibiotics treatment she will recover. I hope for the best, but fear the worst.

“Well-.” My father begins but is interrupted by the bell.

I quickly stand up before my mother can. I want her to get better which means she really needs to rest.

I open the door and I’m delighted when I see its Zayn. Just knowing that he is here makes me feel so much better. Well, that is until I look closer at his face. I can immediately tell something is wrong.

“Can I talk to you?” He asks.

With a lot of hesitation I nod. I don’t want to talk, I’m already agitated and on edge and I just want him to hold and kiss me.

We walk to my room and when we enter he gives me a small, but sweet peck on my lips. It makes me smile despite my worry. His affection does a lot to me.

“I can’t help you today.” He suddenly blurts out.

“What?” I ask surprised. Zayn was so excited about all of this, I don’t believe him! But the look on his face tells me that I have to believe it.

“Why?”

“Well I tried to call you yesterday and left you a bunch of messages.” He begins to explain.

“I was with Hazza.”

He rolls his eyes. “Of course you were.”

“Don’t you dare do this. You come to my house and suddenly tell me you can’t help. So don’t make this about Hazza.”

“It just bothers me.” He shrugs.

I sigh tiredly. It’s not like I don’t know it bothers him, he repeats it again and again. “I don’t want to talk about that, why can’t you help?”

“I have a wedding this afternoon.”

“A wedding?”

“Yeah I completely forgot about it, it’s the wedding of my cousin I barely know.”

“Do you have to go?”

“Yeah.” He says without any hesitation, as if it’s so obvious. “It’s family.”

“Well, but you just said that you barely know him and besides that, you had agreed to help me.” I feel the anger boiling up inside of me. I feel so irritated with him.

“I know, I’m so sorry Louis. I tried to get out of it, but then they asked me what would be so important that I would miss my cousin's wedding and I couldn’t do that.”

“So you didn't tell your family you had other plans?”

“No.”

“No?” I reply, completely taken aback by his honesty. Fuck, he couldn’t even tell them!

I know his family still doesn’t know we are together. He can’t tell them he is in a relationship with a boy. At first I didn’t really bother me. Why would it? It was just Zayn and me and I enjoyed that. It felt like I lived in this dream and all I felt was love. But right now it makes me very angry. He chooses his cousin, who he barely knows, over me! That really pisses me off! And the fact that he didn’t even told his parents that he had other plans.