6. Project China

AN Things start to develope between Louis and Zayn...

Please comment or vote if you liked it! 
enjoy xx

 -----

After two weeks of suspension I’m on my way to school again. I’ve been thinking about school a lot these last couple of weeks. Most of the time I’ve been thinking about Zayn. Even though I tried to get him out of my mind it didn’t help, I kept thinking about him. Mostly bad things, but truthfully sometimes not so bad things.

Apparently Ms. Boonstra is still at home. My mum said that she became ‘mentally unstable’ after the fight. I think it’s just a pathetic excuse to stay home. After all it was just a fight, come on! If I would say that I became mentally unstable because of what happened people would call me a poser. But of course for the teacher it was a traumatic experience… yeah right.

Believe me, if I could stay home I would. I really want to turn around, avoid school and preferably never go back. The idea to go back to school is scary and awful, I’m really nervous for today. People already had assumptions about me, but after the fight I’m sure I already got a reputation. I have to enter the hallways and I just know that everyone will stare at me. They will point at me and gossip and say that I’m the boy who got in a fight with his teacher and a student! He is a racist. And probably a faggot too.

Yeah… I’m totally not looking forward to it.

I wonder if people will also watch Zayn when he enters the hallways. After all, he is a Muslim boy at a high school with mostly Christian people and he also the one that got into a fight. He probably will feel like a black sheep. Zayn and I are black sheep’s. Zayn because he is Pakistani Muslim and I am because I’m a gabber and a fag. That’s just the way it is. People already have an impression of us, assumptions, without even knowing us.

When I say it like this it might sound like I feel a sense unity, a bond, with Zayn, but that is most definitely not the case. There is just a small part of me that understands him, understands him for being different, for having prejudices about yourself. Other than that I hate him. I detest him and I’m still furious that he called me a racist. But from this moment forward it won’t matter. The moment has arrived: Louis Tomlinson has to work with Zayn Malik.

Thanks to Liam I don’t feel that bad about it anymore. I still wish I could avoid it, but just like Liam said: I should try it and give Zayn a chance. That doesn’t mean I didn’t come up with a plan, actually hundreds of plans. All my plans involve as little time with Zayn as possible. I came up with plans in which I won’t have to see him often. My latest idea is to start together on the assignment to divide the work and work on it individually from that moment forward. That is possible right? I just have to see him once or if things don’t work out the way I really want, twice. That is okay. I can handle that right?

-----

When I finally dared to enter the school it wasn’t even that bad. Some people gave me a quick glance, but that was all. But to avoid certain conversations or conflicts I quickly disappeared to the principal’s office. Before I could go to my first class I had a talk with principal Lens and of course Zayn. Great.

Surprisingly everything went okay, until the moment we were alone.

“No I didn’t say I couldn’t, I said I don’t want to,” Zayn responded in a bitter tone.

With an angry stare I looked back at Zayn. “That will mean we will be stuck with each other more often, is that what you want?” I asked mockingly.

“I don’t give a crap that you are frustrated or angry. I want a good grade and I’m willing to do something for it.”

I shook my head. “Then you really have the wrong guy in front of you. It can be easily done in two times and besides I don’t want to see you more often.” I really tried to be nice, but it was like the moment Zayn opened his mouth the anger came back.