7. Kiss or fight

While Zayn writes something for our assignment, I casually scroll on my phone until I notice the time. “Shit! It’s already 8 and we’re not even remotely ready!”

“I told you that it will take time,” he replies while continuing to type on the computer.

I raise my eyebrows. “Yeah, and what now? You want a standing ovation?” I tease. It was actually quite a nice day, despite the disagreements that we often had. And truthfully Zayn really isn’t that bad. Maybe that scares me even more. It scares me that parts of me enjoyed today. And that is something that can’t happen, that I can’t handle.

“No,” he shakes his head as he finishes his last sentence before looking at me. “But we do have to meet again,” he says nonchalant, as if he is not bothered by that.

“I know,” I sigh deeply.

“I’ll be going,” he announces, seemingly offended.

“Yeah,” I nod. Of fucking course he is offended: after all it’s not very nice to show someone you rather don’t want to see them again.

“Shall we meet tomorrow again? We can do some stuff tonight, then we might finish it tomorrow.”

“Yeah that’s good, thank you,” I reply somewhat ashamed for my shitty behavior.

To end today in a slightly better mood I joke: “if it was up to my mother you could come over here every day, ha!”

He faintly smiles at my last words. “Yeah she is really nice. I’ll see you tomorrow, around 9?”

“Okay. Bye,” I reply as he walks out of my room and downstairs. The polite thing to do is to follow him till the front door, but instead I slam my own door shut and fall down on my bed. My heart is beating erratically. Why? “Why?” I scream confused. Please don’t tell me you like him? That is not okay, it can’t be….

Fuck! Why is this happening? Why is everything so difficult? Zayn and I finally got on an actually human level and suddenly it seems like I have some sort of feelings for him.

I really need to go to Harry. He can always cheer me up and let me forget about everything. Tonight I hope he can let me forget about this Zayn guy.

“MUM!”

“Yeah?” she replies, the sounds seems to come from my parents’ bedroom.

I quickly run to the bedroom and open the door. I’m taken by surprise when I see my mother lying in bed, reading a book. It’s only 8; why is she already lying in bed? Normally she’s still running around the house. I want to ask her what is wrong, but for now I have other important things to do.

“Mummm?” I ask in my sweet, pleading voice. “Can I please stay over at Harry’s home tonight?” It would be so much more practical (and better to forget about Zayn) to sleep over at Harry’s house.

She chuckles. “Of course you can, I’m surprised you even asked. You practically live there in the weekends.”

I think about it for a moment and mentally slap myself. It’s Saturday! I forgot because I was too busy with Za… the project.

“Oh yeah,” I shake my head. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I walk over to her and give her a kiss on her cheek. Up close I can see how exhausted she looks. How come? Shall I ask her if something is wrong?

“Have fun,” she smiles before giving me a kiss back.

I decide to ignore it for now, but I’ll talk to her later.

-----

“HAZZA!” I scream from the top of my lungs while I loudly bang on his front door. It appears that Anne and Gemma are out and Harry listens to hardcore music. Apparently very loudly because he doesn’t hear my screams and also doesn’t answer my calls.