Interviews with Thewritingboy

1. What inspired you to write?
 My mom and John Green. After I read 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' I decided it would be pretty cool. Also, when I was a kid my mom and I would do people watching and create characters for them and why they were doing what they were doing. It kind of stuck with me to the point where I wanted to write about what I thought was happening to them.

2. What's your favorite thing about writing?
 Creating characters that I feel like people can connect to. There's something really cool about just creating your own person and having their choices and personalities be 100% up to you.

3. What's your least favorite thing about writing?
 How much effort goes into it. Not that I'm particularly lazy or anything, but you have to really think out everything or it unravels and no one, including yourself, wants to read it.

4. Which character of your is the most like you?
 Probably Blake from One Month, but all the male characters I create remind me of myself. Blake is one of those guys who doesn't take people's shit, and is usually pretty relaxed. When I'm writing about Blake I usually think about things I would say or do in the situation.

5. If you could publish your story which one would it be and why?
 I'm honestly not sure. I like 'One Month' since I've put a lot of effort into it, but I like all the books I've written to the point where I might publish them.

6. If you could have a character of yours become a real person, who would it be and why?
 Ben from 'Just the Girl' because he's really down to Earth. Kind of socially awkward and dorky, but he's a pretty cool dude for being in a book.

7. Movies, books, or plays?
 Movies

8. Do you listen to music when you right? If so what?
 I listen to music all the time haha I like alternative and rap, mostly. So White Stripes, Black Keys, Beastie Boys, Hoodie Allen, Frank Ocean and a ton others.

9. Are any of your characters inspired by real people?
Nearly all of my characters are inspired by real people. Mainly the lead characters, like best friends or the love interest.

10. What are some writing tips you can give the readers? 
 Write anything. Whatever comes to your mind, just start writing. Even if it turned out terribly you still might have something to use.