5. Blackmail *EDITED*

Chapter Five
Noah

I was walking down the empty hallways, just getting off the phone with my agent when something hard bumped into me. The force was strong and I’d fallen on my ass, a pale white hand offered itself to me and I took it. When I finally looked up to see who it was, the guy looked eerily bored.

Emotionless, almost.

“Sorry man.” I apologize.

The guy shook his head. “Forget about it.”

He walked away and I felt an odd sense of coldness rush over my body. Just then, Blake appeared out of the girl’s room holding her books on one arm and her phone on the other. She had a smile on her face.

I stayed completely rooted at my spot, just watching her smile and liking it. Shit. I liked her too much and liking a girl without even knowing her? That would land me in a world of hell.

My phone rang once more and I fumbled in my jeans to look get it. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I stared at the caller ID.

“Are you just going to stare at it?”

I pressed the green button, putting the speaker at my ear as Blake walked past me. What would Steven want twice in one day? “Hey, Steve.”

“Noah! I’ve got spectacular news! Clear your weekend.”

When Steven said something, anything; it was somewhat more of a command rather than a request. As much as it pissed me off that I didn’t have control of most of what I did, I knew he only had my best interest at heart. Only wanted what was best for me.

After all, he got a forty-five per cent profit.

“What am I doing?” I asked, curious. This would have to be my first project with Abercrombie and Fitch, this would be the only work Steven promised I would be doing in my one year break.

“Commercial Advertisement. A couple of photoshoots.  You’re going to promote the Spring Fever line. It’s going to be epic.”

I grinned, “I know. Will this go on for the whole weekend?”

“Why, do you have plans?”

“I wanted to bring a friend along.”

I heard Steven sigh on the other line. “A girlfriend?”

“No.” Not yet, at least.

“Fine but she better not be some kind of tattle who’ll post a picture on twitter as soon as she gets here. It’s a private beach. Private shoot.”

“Private is good.”

Private is perfect.

Blake                                                

“Blake!” My aunt shouted, disgruntled. Since knowing the woman, I knew that she was rarely or never disgruntled. She was always cool and knew how to work with herself. It made me wonder why she was still single.

I ran down the stairs, two at a time and jumped off the last step, not realizing that there was someone there…I stood there, my feet wavering as Noah stood tall and proud with an amused sparkle in his eye that made me scared shitless.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, frowning.

“Just came for a chat. I’ve been here for the past thirty or so minutes with your aunt.” He smirked proudly.

Annoyed, I raised a brow. “And what could you possibly have to speak to her about?”

“Well, she’s given her consent.” He said slowly, “to a little trip we’re taking to the North Beach.”

I chuckled emotionlessly, “uh, I’m not going anywhere with you.”

He smiles widely, “You know, you kind of have to. Or else,” he whispers tauntingly as he leans towards me with a large smile on his oh-so-sexy face. Damn.

“Or else what?” I challenged.

“Or else I tell your aunt that you aren’t being social. That you aren’t trying hard enough to fit in. Who knows what she’ll do? She’ll pull you out of school or move you…just when you’re settling in.” he smirks, as if he’s got it in the bag.

“You’re blackmailing me?” I asked, shocked. Is this son of a gun really blackmailing me? “God, you’re proving to be worst that you actually are.”

He smirks, “Just come. I promise you won’t regret it. You can even bring a friend, if you wished.”

I eyed him, nodding slowly to let him know that I understood the crap he was saying. He puts his hand on my hair, ruffling it and leaves, shutting the door behind him with a quiet, disappointing thud.

He wants to play dirty? I sure as hell can play dirty. Game on.