1. Wild Welcome *EDITED*

EDITED VERSION TO BE PUBLISHED MID-2013

**********

Chapter One

Noah

Every girl within a two mile radius was following (although stalking would be the appropriate word) me. It was like the paparazzi but somehow, ten times worst. I was used to the paps unlike these girls who I couldn’t really just ask to back off without sounding rude. There were a whole flock of them that  came around me like mosquitos, buzzing and buzzing and biting me in the ass. It was freaking annoying.

I thought it would be easy as I came up with a sort of disguise, apparently it wasn’t a disguise enough. I wore my Red Sox baseball cap and a white oxford shirt with pants. I didn’t bother putting gel in my hair because this was an ordinary day, with ordinary people.

As soon as I got out of the car I was bombarded with girls. I don’t know how they knew it was me because I took my dad’s Volvo—family car, right? Try to look as inconspicuous as possible. But they found me! There were girls dressed up in cheerleading outfits, dresses and heels and a few girls with books…that had my face on it. It was insane! Thankfully, my best friends Dylan and Jake came over and fended the girls away.

Until they found me again during recess.

 I hid in the men’s room until third period but I saw a girl just staring at me when I went to wash my hands. Yes, she had straight blonde hair and stunning blue eyes. Truth be told, I would have liked her…but she was inside the men’s room holding a book with my face in it. The worst thing was…when she unfolded her arms, revealing her t-shirt, my face was plastered on it. Needless to say that was a scary ass encounter and I ran like hell. 

By third period there were talks of a new student who came from a Juvenile Detention. I admit I was a little…scared, of the thought. I mean, I knew how lucky I was to grow up a rich house with loving parents. I’ve read the scripts for movies who had people come from Juvie—they weren’t pretty and freaked me out just a little. Judging from the various comments in my Biology class, they were pretty freaked out too.

“Yeah, I heard the ladies up front say that he was in Juvie almost his whole life!” a cheerleader said. She was grinning with her other cake-faced buddies.

Damn—whoever said that cliques no longer existed in high school better take a look at the bigger picture. The popular kids hung out with the popular kids, smart kids hung out with the smart kids, the geeks hung out with the geeks and there were only a handful of people who hung out with both and they worked damned hard to be both smart and popular.

The other girl—Tracy, according to Jake was giggling. “I heard that he got kicked out because he broke into a teacher’s house, took his car and drove it over a cliff!” Tracy began to fan herself. “I bet he’s going to be hot.”

“Sexy.” The other blonde agreed, head bobbing up and down.

I scoffed. Whoever created this bad-boy image for himself would be pretty bad-ass if he already had girls talking about him. Not that I cared. I still got various looks from the girls around me—lust. And from the boys—jealousy.

 I was lucky to already have Jake and Dylan as my friends, especially if high school put you in various groups by itself. Jake was one of those in between guys who was both smart and popular. We’d been friends since we were ten until Mom got a job in Beverly Hills. We kept in touch and he still stayed friends with me, even when I started on stardom.

“Who’s this guy they’re talking about?” I ask him.

He immediately grinned. “His name’s Blake Deveraux or something. The girl’s go mad for juvie-boys! They get kicked out in less than a week though. This school’s really good and they don’t tolerate bad press so they’ll have their fun with him then he’ll be kicked out. They don’t last. The Juvie kid’s never do.”