14. Blown Up

14.  Blown Up

Noah’s POV

“Take the bomb out then! Give them the f*cking money, that’s an innocent girl!” I shout at the police officers who seem to just  be hanging around like a bunch of madmen. They were stressing because they didn’t expect the bomb…well, I didn’t either.

As soon as I found out about the bomb, Mrs. Norton went insane. She started sobbing and trying to get through to the police barricades, screaming and apologizing to Blake for not getting her in time—for not being protective of her enough. I knew Mrs. Norton blamed herself—I knew how she felt, the pain, the anger. I knew because I felt them too.

Blake was completely innocent yet she was the one being held on the wrong end. She was the one getting hurt, losing things. Only just a few days ago I promised myself that when I found Blake I would be with her, apologize for as long as possible—quit Hollywood and graduate high school. I’d be more than enough to provide for her, to be with her and support her through anything. Money would never be a problem in the equation. Blake was made for me and I knew I’d do everything in my power to get her back, make  her happy and safe.

It was all she deserved.

“Look, kid, we’re trying to do all we can! Step behind the damned barricades!” shouted a cocky police officer.

“My name is Noah. N-O-A-H! And you know what?! I can to hell of a better job than someone who stuffs his face every hour! Get your fat ass out of my way and let me hold her aunt!” I shout. They took Mrs. Norton into the back of the car, just behind the barricades and locked her in there. I could see her looking like she didn’t enjoy the enclosed space. I think I even remember her telling me she wasn’t fond of closed spaces, didn’t like feeling locked up. My mind began to put my thoughts together…Oh shit! “YOU IDIOTS! LISTEN TO ME! SHE’S CLAUSTROPHOBIC!”

“And you’d know that how, aye, pretty boy? What do you know about this shit? You’re some actor who’s gotten wound up to this crap!” He shouted back.

“Look at her! My father’s a doctor—a psychiatrist. Get her out of the f*cking car or I’ll get her myself!”

“Relax.” A familiar, authoritative voice said, placing a hand on my shoulder. “Deep breaths, Noah. They’ll make you go home if you don’t stop. The warehouse isn’t paper thin so they can hear you…most of your words, at least. Deep breaths. We’re going in soon.”

“Wait…what?” I asked, shocked. “I thought you said you were letting them come out.”

“We have two teams. Whoever has that girl in there, they’ve murdered before. We found their files and we know why they’re doing this. Revenge and money, revenge for the Deveraux’ for taking half their team in and of course, they need Blake to get their money back.” He turned me around, coffee  eyes staring at me with such intensity that I wanted to look away but didn’t. “Noah, this is a very serious operation. It may seem juvenile but we’re going to need you to stay back in order to do this right. We can’t—I repeat—we can’t afford any more trouble. That girl—she will die if you don’t follow my instructions, you hear me?”

“I hear you.”

Blake’s POV

“Listen, girly, we need you to do something for us.”

“Yeah, okay.” I agreed whole-heartedly then shook my head and said: “WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK THAT I’D DO ANYTHING FOR YOU?! ARE YOU MAD? YOU KIDNAPPED ME YOU ASSHOLES!”

“RELAX!”

“NO! WHY THE HELL SHOULD I!?” I shouted at the top of my lungs. Who the hell did these bastards think they were? To tell me what to do after taking me away from the only family I had? To take my parents away from me?

“Girly, you’re wearing my patience thin.” He hissed. “Listen, we need you to do something for us…in exchange for your freedom.”

In exchange for your freedom…

Something snapped inside me. “Why?” I ask, feeling the brokenness in my voice, reaching at my heart and squeezing it hard. “Why would you offer me freedom? What can you possibly achieve? You k-killed my parents.” I said, feeling the tears threaten to come out. “You killed my family and you took me away from the only person I had linked to them.”

“Don’t start crying. You’re supposed to be all bad ass and whatnot so just listen: we will let you go. No strings attached. We. Will. Let. You. Go.”

“Why?”

“Because there was no point in this.”

His words made no sense. What the hell did he mean?

Then it happened.

Noah’s POV

The warehouse blew up.

It blew up.

Blake was gone.