22. Last Chance

Last Chapter then Epilogue! It's short for the dramatic effect :) 

Vote, Comment, Fan! x

************************************** 

22. Last Chance 

Noah's POV

Blake and I didn't speak for what seemed like an eternity. I didn't think she was aware that she spoke her thoughts saying that she was 'screwed' and that we needed to call a mechanic. It was quite entertaining, watching her eyebrows furrow in confusion as she shook her head, seemingly displeased with her thoughts. About thirty minutes later she told me she was tired and that if I didn't want to return home, I could take the couch. It pleased me that she was allowing me to. Though we didn't speak our thoughts it meant that we were on the right track

When I awoke I faced a pair of widened green-blue eyes. It was Elijah and for some reason I was nervous. Eli looked at me with such curiosity that I had the urge to hide under a rock. Oh, that and he seemed to take after Blake--though his eyes were exactly like mine there was no mistaking that he took after Blake intensity-wise. It surprised me how much I didn't realize he looked like me. Some would say I was dense not to notice my own son but I was too captivated in Blake to be looking at our son. 

That sounded great...even in my mind. Our son Ours. Mine and Blake's. 

Blake told me that I should go...'fix' everything and I had a feeling that she meant Sam. I could see the jealousy and distaste Blake had for Sam shining in her eyes but I just shrugged it off, kissed Blake on the cheek and left. I told Blake was choosing her and I'll be damned if my decision wavered. I liked Sam but I loved Blake. What I had with Sam was gone the moment I looked into Blake's eyes. Only her eyes could mirror my own, only hers would be intense enough to take me back to our teenage years, through every one of our smallest moments. 

Blake and I were meant to be. The fact that I had not once had second thoughts on whether to choose between her and Sam was proof of that and so much more. There would be wise people telling me what' now--what's here in the present is stronger than the past. They're wrong. The past is just as strong. Your first love can easily pluck you out of whatever relationship you've put yourself in. 

Maybe I'm biased on this seeing as the girl I fell in love with and am still in love with is actually here, just within my grasp. A relationship is supposed to be good whilst it lasts but its not set in stone. Nothing ever is with a relationship, Sam and I knew we were entering uncharted territory. We both knew we were, in a way, damaged goods. 

But we both entered a relationship willingly. 

Now I just needed to know if she was pregnant.  A part of me had a gut feeling that Sam was lying to make me stay. I was dense to believe her...am dense to believe her if she isn't pregnant.  If she is pregnant then I would still leave her. Yes, that sounds like a di*k move but I wouldn't leave her to fend off herself. I would help her both legally and parentally. I would do everything I could to ensure that our child would be happy and have both parental units. But I wouldn't stay with Sam and end up hating her for what situation we put each other in.

So that's it, I figured out my speech. 

As soon as I came into the apartment it smelt of bacons...those that weren't burnt to my utter disbelief and surprise. Sam hugged me as soon as I entered the kitchen and I tried to force a smile out, causing her to frown. 

"What's up? And hey...didn't you go out for a run, baby?" she asked. She pulled me to a chair where I sat down and she sat on my lap. Upon further notice, her eyes were brimmed red all around them, her pupils wildly dilated and bloodshot so completely that you'd think she drowned a bar of a years' supply of alcohol.