15. Long Gone

We're getting closer to the end! This short story is almost over :) Ooh and hopefully I'll have one other chapter for you by the end of the night! :)

Song at the side is Safe and Sound

x, Hilda
Vote, Comment, Fan! :) 

* * * * * *  

15. Long Gone

Noah’s POV

Have you ever felt cold?

No…not the coldness you feel when the hairs on your arms and legs rise. Not the coldness in your skin that you feel when you realize that there’s nothing there to make you feel warm…nothing there to make you feel home…nothing there to make you smile or even catch an emotion from you…

Not that I know what I’m even thinking or talking about.

Do you know what it’s like to fall for a girl who you never even had?

Maybe you do. I’d ask you to one day tell me about it. To tell me about her smile, her laughter. The way her eyebrows would scruff together in her sleep. The way she’d pout if you were trying to wake her up. The snarky comments she’d make to get a reaction from you. The badass moves she had when she’d beat up your media stalkers. The way she’d give you a look that said: So what? Do I really care?

That look that said she wanted you but she didn’t want to want you.

Those were many things I felt.  Now I knew what it was like to fall for a girl I would never have—never, in a million years. And now the worst was that she was actually gone. No one would have her now because by now, she was dust and ashes. She was nothing but a memory—a picture on the television of the rich delinquent girl who had been killed in a bomb in revenge to her already-dead parents. That’s what Blake Deveraux appeared as.

It appeared as a complete surprise to the school—the media that the little delinquent girl that they looked down on was smart and slightly troubled. It was revealed that Blake was only put into juvenile hall for her own protection against the very men that took her. It was revealed that though she may have been a delinquent that it was just because there was no one there for her—no one until Mrs. Norton. Everyone in school was surprised that she was the daughter of one of the greatest politicians—they weren’t even sure that the Deveraux family had a daughter and as it was confirmed…they gossiped.

They gossiped about the no-care attitude Blake had and said that it was due to the fact that her parents were gone. They gossiped about Blake in many ways: from the money she was to inherit to the crimes she’d once committed…crimes like jay walking and stealing. Crimes they were but they weren’t the crimes that everyone expected her to have. They expected drug dealing, trafficking to be her forte but as soon as they would even bring it up, they’d look down and regret even thinking bad about the gorgeous girl with brown hair and pale blue eyes.

A gorgeous girl that was nothing now but dust and ashes.