Fifty

I walk into my new room, my own suite. I still can't believe that all of this is real. Things have been happening in odd ways for the past few months and now it's kind of make sense. I look around the room, the dominant color of the room is white with some lilac color.

"Come sit." Queen Alessandra says, patting the empty space on the bed beside her. I obey her and take a sit beside her. I put my hand on lap and look at my hands for a few seconds before looking back into mother's eyes. She lets out a little sigh and hold onto my hand gently.

"I know all of this is brand new for you, but don't you worry about this, you will get yourself used to all of this. And from now on, your friends will be your personal maid and I will have another servants to be my maid." She smiles.

"Your maids will be here at seven to prepare you for the ceremony, welcoming you back home; back to the family."

"I don't think I'm ready for this." I shake my head. I don't think I will stand all the attention that people are going to give me. I don't want people to know about me yet. I don't understand the real job of being a princess yet. Being a princess is not really all rainbow, I have to know about things too, not just sitting there and look pretty. And I don't think I'm ready yet for that.

"You have to, my dear. Don't be afraid, I will always be there for you if you need me. I'm your mother and you don't have to be hesitant to ask for or about anything from me. And also your father, he's not as grim and rigid as he always looks. He actually loves you so much. He can't even stop thinking about you since the day you were gone. I knew that. Don't let his hard exterior scares you." Her smiles widen a little and I laugh a little at that.

"Uh, about Liam," I start, my smile fading away as I look at her with hesitation. "I'm sorry about that." I say, feeling embarrassed of myself.

"You don't have to. It's my fault to not let everyone know about this sooner. Especially Liam and Carlton. I knew you have feelings for him, more than a friend and brother, and unfortunately, you have to let it all go. I know Liam's heart broken a little when he knew the truth about you. And it's also my fault." She sighs, shaking her head sadly.

"Uh, mother, you can't blame yourself for what happened. Even if you knew the truth and didn't tell anyone about it, but it's still our own fault for letting that happened between us."

"I know. But I do still feel bad about what happened." She frowns. I put my hand above hers and squeeze it lightly in reassurance.

"You don't have to. It's in the past and we have to think about it as a lesson. What matter is what in the present time. We have to enjoy the present but also think about what we also want in the future and try to reach it."

"Yes, you're right, dear. I have to go now, I have a lot to take care of." She smiles, standing on her feet as she looks down at me.

"Okay. See you later." She smiles at me once again and walk out of the room. I stay seated on my place, observing the room once again. I feel like I don't deserve all of this. I was just a maid and now in all of a sudden, I'm the princess.

I still can't let all this many things sink into me. They all just too much to handle for now. And on top of all of that, I still don't know what to do the next time I meet Max again. I haven't seen him since yesterday. He must be still in shock too. Because, who wouldn't be shocked when you know that for all of this time you have a forbidden feelings towards your own sister. He must be sad about that and regretted all the things he has done with me for the past few months.

Light knocking on the door wakes me up from my reverie. I rise to my feet and walk over towards the door. I open the door to find three of my friends standing there with a nervous look on their faces. They fall into curtsies and I quickly hold my hands out, motioning them to stop. I'm not used to people do curtsies for me. And I don't think I will ever get used to it.