Seven

*5 days later*

As I open my eyes slowly, I can see rays of sunshine shining through my window curtain along with the sounds of birds chirping. After sitting on my bed for awhile, I decided to go downstairs.

As I climb down the stairs, I find dad, mom, Luna, and Sam sitting in the living room, talking with each other. And they're all dressed up. I walk into the living room, smiling, and greet back by their smiles.

"Anne, we've been waiting for you. Get ready, we're going somewhere." Mom says, excitement fills her voice.

Somewhere? Where is it?

"Huh?" I stare at her with confusion.

"Come on, Anne. Hurry." Luna tugs my shirt repeatedly.

"Okay, okay. Stop tugging my shirt. It's going to get bigger if you keep doing that." I roll my eyes with a smile forming on my face. Everyone in the room laugh as Luna pulls her hand away, her face flushes red in embarrassment.

"Sorry."

I step into my room and walk towards my wardrobe and open it widely in one pull. Luna stands beside me, searching for something too. I find a shirt and take it out, Luna put her hands on my arm, shaking her head, and hold out a short blue dress.

"Wear this." She says, shoving the dress at me.

"No, I don't want to wear that. I'm better off with shirt and trousers." I hang the dress back in the wardrobe.

"Please, Anne. Wear it. It matches with mine." She gestures her hand down her body as she looks down at her dress, making me look down at it too. As she says, her dress colors match with the dress she chooses earlier.

"Okay. Just for this time." I smile at her. Smile form on her face as she jumps up and down excitedly.

"Thanks, Anne."

I slip out of my clothes and put on the dress swiftly. I begin to walk out of my room, but Luna grasps my hand, making me stop from walking. I turn around, looking at her in confusion.

"Wait. Sit down, I'll braid your hair." She smiles.

"But others already waiting for us downstairs."

"It won't take long, I promise." I sigh.

"Okay."

I sit down at the edge of my bed as Luna sits behind me, braiding my hair. As she promised, she doesn't take a lot of time. She's done after a few minutes.

"It's done!" She cheers.

She jumps to her feet and smile at me, looking happy and all. I think she just braid my hair in half. Because, I can feel a few strands of my hair framing my face and my hair falls down my back.

"Anne, where the flower crown I gave you at your birthday?"

"Oh, it's in the wardrobe."

She walks hurriedly and snatch the flower crown. "Wear this too."

"Okay." I take the flower crown and place it on top of my head.

I walk into the living room, and mom looks at me adoringly.

"Anne, you look beautiful." She smiles as she lifts her hand and caresses my cheek.

"Thanks, mom. All thanks to Luna." I smile and turn my face to Luna.

"It's nothing, really." She says with a sheepish smile plastered onto her face.

"Let's go."

"Where are we going exactly?" I look up at dad who is just walking and keeping his gaze forward.

From my guessing, we've been walking about 30 minutes. And haven't arrived to this 'secret place'. And it's making me more curious as minutes passed.

"It's a secret."

"Dad, you know I hate secrets!" I moan as my face turns into a frown.

"I know, Anne. I know."

"Here we are." Mom sings.

I look up from the ground and gasped.

In front of us, is the most beautiful view I've ever seen in all of my life. Pine trees surrounding the lake as the sun shining brightly above us between the bright blue skies. And, a clear-watered lake lay in front of us.

I walk closer to the lake and sit on the wooden deck, looking at the clear water, mesmerize by it. I can even saw the fishes swimming freely in the water.

The cold water straightly feel by me as soon as I put my hand in the water. I'm so mesmerized, and I don't realize my mouth already open slightly.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Mom stands beside me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, how do you know this place?" I pull myself to stand and face her.

"When I was around your age, I come here very often, almost everyday. One day, I come here at noon. As I walk closer to this lake, I met this boy." She smiles as she stares at the lake dreamily. "And that boy is your dad."

"Really?"

"Yes, we met each other for the first time here. Well, I come here very often, too. But, I've never seen your mother until that day." He put his arm around mom's back. Mom tilts her head and rest it on dad's shoulder.

Aw, that's so sweet.

"That must be a wonderful day for both of you." I smile at both of them. I keep looking at them and not realizing Luna and Sam already standing by my side.

"It is. For the first time in my life, I just met a woman like your mother. She's not just beautiful, she's also kind, smart, loving, and a caring person that I've known beside my mother, your grandmother. I've never seen that kind of beauty in other until that day." He looks down at mom and mom looks up at him, smiling, and already lost in each other's eyes.

"Oh, you both so sweet and cute." Luna coos, holding my arm as she rests her head on my shoulder, looking at mom and dad with smile.

I wish, someday I would met someone special to me. Like mom to dad and the other way around.