Forty Five

I walk into my room, still feeling the burning stares of the people. I look up from the floor and immediately get greeted by my roommates stares.

Now, they also hate me.

"Anne, is it true?" Nina asks as she takes a few steps closer to me slowly. I keep staring back at her, fighting the urge to look away from all of them. "About me going out with the prince?"

"Yes." She nods, seem quite curious about the rumors that have been spreading like a disease. But it's not a rumor, it's the truth.

"It's true." I walk to my bed and drop myself on it. I groan, still feeling humiliated by all the stares now my roommates giving me and I quickly bury my face into the palms of my hands. "Now, everyone in this place hates me."

"No, we're not! Well, I'm actually happy for you! You've finally gone to a date with the prince! How did it went?"

I look up from my hands and sigh. "Nina, it's not a date. I was just accompanying him driving around the city."

"I know it was a date. If you didn't think that way, then I know the prince did. If not, then he would never asked you to go with him literally anywhere."

I let out a sigh, looking at all of them who're staring at me with curiosity. "Can we stop talking about this? I want to stop myself from getting reminded that almost everyone in this place hates me."

"They don't hate you Anne. But jealousy, yes, I'm very sure of it." Nina nods with certainty in her eyes.

"But still, I don't want to talk about it now."

"Well, if that's what you wanted." She shrugs, pouting a little as she stares at the floor.

The ringing from the phone breaks the silence that was filling the room, and my heart skip a beat at the sound. I quickly jump off my bed and to the phone. I pick up the phone and hold it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Anne?" The Queen's voice says through the phone.

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"Can you please bring some teas and biscuits up to my room?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Bring two cups because Carlton is also here."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

I let out the breath I didn't realize been holding and turn to find the girls staring back at me with intense curiosity. "Who's that?"

"It's Queen Alessandra. She just wanted me to bring some teas to her room."

"Oh."

"See you later. I have to go now."

They nod their head and I quickly walk out of the room, and once again feel pairs of eyes train to me. I walk to the kitchen and tell one of the kitchen staff to prepare the teas. She gives me a little fake smile and a little frown comes to my face as I take the tea sets and biscuits from the counter, putting it on the tray. I walk into the elevator and press the third floor.

I knock the door and Queen Alessandra tells me to come in. I walk into the room with the tray in my hands and find King Carlton standing at the balcony, looking out to the garden with both of his hand in his suit pants pocket.

I step into the balcony and find the queen sitting at one of the chair. I give her a little curtsy and put down the tea set and biscuits. I step back and my breath stuck in my throat when I see the King already staring at me with an unreadable expression on his face. I curtsy at him and he nods his head slightly in acknowledgement. I turn back to the queen and smile a little at her.