Forty Nine

I'm standing by the shore, the salt water hits my legs and I keep staring at my feet under the water until the water goes back to the sea. A hand holds my right hand softly. Confusion hits me and I look at the hand with my eyebrows furrowed and my eyes keep going up and up until I see her face.

Queen Alessandra's standing there beside me, smiling as she staring at the distance, staring at the far end of the sea. I keep staring at her in confusion until another hand holds my left hand firmly yet gently.

I look at the hand and up to his face. King Carlton standing there, he's staring at the ocean like Queen Alessandra. I keep staring at him, noticing the wrinkles on his face. He glances at me and smile. My eyebrows furrowed tighter as I don't know what to do.

I take my eyes off of King Carlton and stare back at the blue sea when my eyes find his brown ones. I look at the person in front of me, getting a lot more confused as I think of why am I here and what's really happening.

Max's standing there with a smile that reaches his eyes. He takes another step closer to me, still keeping the smile on his face. The King and Queen let go of my hands and stand beside Max, smiling at me.

"You're back. And I won't let you go again." Max says as he wraps his arms around me gently. He lets go of me and King Carlton steps in front of me, smiling down at me and wraps me firmly in his arms.

"You're finally back, I won't let anything ever happen to you again. I will protect you like what I should do before." He says. After a few seconds, he lets go of me. And now, Queen Alessandra stands in front of me and hugs me tightly yet soothingly.

"And I will take care of you like what I always do before."

I open my eyes to the familiar feeling of comfortable bed and warm blanket around my body. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I shoot my eyes open. I look around the familiar hospital wing. The place is quiet and no one's around.

I think back about my weird dream. Why did I dream about that? It's weird that I dreamed about them, smiling at me as they held my hands and hugged me. What's the dream even mean? Does it have a meaning? There has to be something about that.

I pull myself to sit and look around the place again, wondering how did I get here and why am I here. It's definitely Queen Alessandra's order. She knew I was sick and told someone to bring me to the hospital wing so I will be taken care.

I look up at the time Max walks into the room, a deep frown marring his face as he stares down at the floor in deep thoughts. He looks up and seem shocked for a second and walk quickly to my bed.

"You're awake!" He stares at me wide-eyed. I stare at him in confusion as he keeps staring at me like he cant believe of what he's really seeing right now.

"Uh, I am awake. Why am I here? I was just feeling dizzy yesterday. I don't need to be here. Some medicine will do the work just fine."

"Anne, you've been unconscious for two whole days." He says, staring at me cautiously. My eyes widen at his words and my mouth hangs open in shock.

"What?! But how?"

"The doctor said you were having a emotional distress due to what happened two days ago so your brain shut itself off because your body can't handle it." I stare at my lap in shock, still thinking how could this even possibly happen. I'm not even that shocked about the intrusion but I was out for two days already because of it, according to what the doctor said.

He steps closer to me and pulls me into his chest. I wrap my arms around his back as he rests his chin on top of my head, sighing sadly.

"I thought I was going to lose you. Again. I was so scared." He says, fright can be heard clearly in his voice as he keeps resting his chin on top of my head. I rub his back soothingly and let go of him as I look up at him with a little reassuring smile.