Two

I sprint through my front door with panic and worries. I rush upstairs, my breathing is uneven and my heart pounding inside my chest and I stop in front of my siblings room door, trying to control my breathing.

I push the door open and my eyes immediately fall at both of my siblings, sitting down on the floor with their eyes fixed on their books as they write down words on it.

A sigh comes past my lips and the panic and worry inside my body vanishes within a second and a little smile form on my face as I keep staring down at them, leaning on the door frame.

Why are they so diligent, not like me?

At school, they always and never out of the top ten rank in their classes. And then there's me, a student with average score on her classes. I'm not really smart, I am, but I'm grateful they're not like me, they even more than me. And I hope could do anything better than me.

As I break out of my reverie, my eyes goes to Luna who's staring at me with her brown eyes already open wide and freeze on her spot in shock. She comes up to me in a flash and wrap her arms around my shoulders. Sam follows after her and wrap his short arms around Luna and me.

"Anne, where were you? I thought you leave us." I keep staying there, breathless, her brown hair tickling my nose and all of my face. I scrunch my face, feeling like I'm going to sneeze, and move her hair away from my face, still having the ticklish feeling on my face.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you both. I just went to the shop, buying something."

And it's a lie.

But if I tell them the truth, she would ask me nonstop about why am I sad and everything that has to do with it.

Luna and Sams lets go of me and I take in a deep breath. She takes a step back, her beautiful face now already covered with a frown. I look down at Sam who stares at me with a pout.

"You're scaring me, you know?"

I let out a sigh, regretting myself for going out of the house without telling my siblings and make them worried over me. I bring my gaze back to Luna from Sam, staring at her apologetically.

"Sorry for scaring you. I promise I will tell you if I want to go out next time." I stare at her reassuringly, and she nods her head, the frown lingering on her face.

"Okay."

"You're doing your homework, am I right?" I smile, hoping she would forget about this soon. She nods her head slightly as she turns around.

"Yeah." She walks back to her spot and sit down next to Sam, his eyes already focused back to his homework.

"Is there something I can help?" I kneel down in front of them, my eyes goes back and forth from Luna to Sam. "Maybe I can help." (Actually, I know nothing. I just wanted to sound helpful).

"No thank you, Anne. This is the easiest homework that has ever given to us." Sam says, smiling at me and looking so adorable as he stares back to me with those brown eyes.

Phew. Thank to God, I don't have to help them then.

"Well then, good luck with your homework." I stand on my feet and look down at them, smiling happily as I wave at them and they return it with smiles showing on their faces.

I walk out of the room quickly, leaving them with their homework, afraid they would change their mind and ask me for to help them on their homework.

I guess I have nothing to do for the rest of the day.

I step into my cold room and close the door behind me. I walk towards my bed, feeling my heavy eyes begin to shut themselves close. I try my hardest to make it stay open wide.