Twenty Eight

"Liam Maximilian Luxford, what in the world just happened in here?!"My head snap up and I look at the queen in shock. I quickly stand on my foot and give her a quick curtsy. "Y-your majesty." I stuttered. My heart pounding as I look at her nervously. Her gaze fixed at the both of us, looking at us with worries and questioning the view of the shattered mirror in front of her.

"Mother." Max stands beside me, looking at her, as surprised as I am.

"Liam, Anne, what just happened in here?" She asked, still look shocked. She walks and stop in front of us.

"I just-uh" I stuttered, don't know what to say. I look down at my shoes, avoiding her gaze.

"It's me, mother. I punched the mirror." Max interrupted, sounds oddly calm.

"Liam, why did you do that?" The queen asked. She takes a step forward and stand in front of him, staring directly into his eyes with sadness as she lets a little frown shows on her face.

"I was in anger. I was mad." He said, looking down at the floor.

"What was make you mad? Was it-" She turns her gaze at my way, her face showing a little anger. My heart beating even more faster and I quickly look down at my shoes again, afraid of her stare.

"No, mother. It's not her." Max quickly contradicted, putting both of his hands on her shoulder.

"Then what was it?" She asked again. And now she seems a little frustrated, can't wait for the answer of this mess in this room.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you." He sighed, looking down at his shoes again.

"Liam you have to tell me. I'm your mother, I deserve to know." She said firmly.

"Mother, it's nothing important."

"If it's nothing then none of this would happen. Liam, just tell me what's wrong?" She asked again, still demanding for answer from himself.

"I-I" He sighed. "Fine, it's just father insists on me to get a wife."

"What?" The queen look at him, perplexed at his answer. She smiles at him and let out a little laugh. "Oh my lord. Just you mad because of that?" She laughed again, making me smile at her. This is the first time I see the queen very amused by a little thing. "Liam, honey. Why are you so mad about it?"

"Because I don't know someone I can make her my wife." He said, frowning deeply at the floor, avoiding the queen and mine stares.

"Don't be mad. I'll talk about it with your father later." She put her hand on his shoulder for a second and turns around, begin to walk out of Max's suite.

"Mother," Max said, sounds a little nervous. The queen turns around and looks at him. "Yes?"

"Please don't tell this to father."

"I won't, I promise." She smiles and continues on walk out of the room. As the door shut close I turn my face at him and grin. "Max, why are you so mad? Your mother even laugh out loud at it."

"Anne, stop talking about that." He said, his face already turns red because of the embarrassment.

"Ooh, the prince is mad." I teased, make his face gone even redder.

"Anne, stop." He sighed, rolling his eyes at me.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop." I laughed a little.

"Anne," I turn my head and the queen already peeking at us through the  gap between the door.

"Your majesty," I give her a little curtsy.

"Can you come to my room now?" She asked.

"Yes, your majesty." I nodded.

"Okay. I'll wait for you. Lily already do her work." She close the door again, leaving Max and me alone once again.

"I guess I have to go now," I said, smiling at him.

"Yeah, of course. See you soon." He smiles back at me.

"Bye."

I walk out the room and walk into the queen's suite. I close the door and Lily already there, dusting the queen's bed. The queen walk toward me, smiling. "Anne,"

"Your majesty." I curtsy at her, smiling back at her.

"Anne, can you bring a dress here for me? I want you to choose it. And it's for annual garden party."

"Uh, your majesty, I'm sorry. But I'm not sure if I can pick the best dress for you." I frown a little.

It is such a big honor to choose a dress for the queen herself. But can I even choose the best dress for the event? No. Because I know it must be one of the most important event for her, for The Highest and The Officials. And I don't know the perfect dress or what dress she wants to wear to the garden party.

"Of course you can. Just pick a dress and bring it here." She smiles reassuringly at me.

"Yes, your majesty." I nod my head once and turn around. I walk into the closet and look at the dresses hanging in front of me. I sighed, confused.

There's a lot of dresses here. How can I choose? All of these dresses are lovely and beautiful. I search through the dresses, looking at the dresses for a few second one by one, and a blue dress come into my sight.

I look at it. A simple blue dress. The dress is sleeveless, and it's a knee-length dress. I guess I will choose this one and see what the queen thinks about it.

I grab and quickly walks out of the closet and walk towards the queen. She is standing  on the balcony, looking down at the garden, chairs, tables, and tents already arranged for the garden party.

"Your majesty. Here is the dress." I said, smiling nervously at her as I hold out the dress. She look pretty shocked, her hand covering her gaping mouth.

"Anne, where did you get that?" She said, looking up at me, still in shock.

"It's in the closet, your majesty."

"Oh my god." She takes the dress and take another look on the dress. " This is the dress I wore when I first came here. Thank you so much, Anne. You bring me back the good old memory." She smiles at me gratefully. I returned her smile, glad to make her happy.

"Your welcome, your majesty."

"Now, please prepare my bath."

"Yes, your majesty."