Eleven

Today is the day when the prince's birthday celebrated in the palace. From what the queen has told me, the prince turned 20 today. She looked so happy as she told me and Lily about him. And made me curious about what the prince looks like.

"Anne, Lily" I stop my self from my doing and turned my body to look at her.

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Could you come here tonight, around 10?"

"Sure, your majesty." I nodded.

I continue myself on what I left off and help Lucy on changing the bedsheet. When we already done, we walked toward the queen who's sitting at the balcony.

"You already done?" She putted her cup of tea on the table gently.

"Yes, your majesty." Lucy and I said in unison.

"You can go now, then." She smiled.

"Thank you, your majesty." We curtsied and began to walk toward the room door.

"Oh, and don't forget to come here at 5." I stopped walking and turn around. "Yes, your majesty."

I walked into my room, when suddenly a thought popped in my head.

My family. I haven't send them a letter. How could I forget about them?

I walked toward my bed and took some paper and pen from my bag quickly. I let out a quiet sigh and sat on my bed. I held my pen and began to write words on the paper.

After I'm done on writing the letter, I folded the paper and put it in an envelope.

I hope I can meet my family again. I just want to talk to and hug them tightly. I miss them already. Even though I know they'll be fine without me at home, but I still can feel myself worrying about them.

I walked into the mailroom and found a boy around my age, looking busy with arranging the letter. I walked closer toward him and greet him.

"Hi." He jumped in shock and turned around, looking at me in horror.

"Sorry I'm scaring you."

"Oh, it's fine, miss." He laughed nervously.

"Uh, can you send this immediately?" I held out the letter. He took it gently and looked at me.

"Sure miss. Where do you want this to be sent?"

"The address already written on the envelope." I pointed my finger at my letter with a little smile.

"Oh, okay."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, miss."

• • • • • • • • • • •

As I walked through the quiet and long hallway, I found myself get amazed by the paintings hanging on the wall. Some of it were from the artists I knew from an old book that my dad have at home and some of them were from the artists I don't know.

My eyes kept gazing at the paintings as my legs kept moving. Until I bumped into someone. I gasped and stepped back in shock. I looked up from the marble floor and saw the boy from yesterday. The boy that I bumped into.

"Sorry." I looked down at my shoes.

This is the second time I bumped into him. Is this some kind of fate or a coincidence?

"It's okay, miss. Next time you-" He stopped talking and I can felt his stare on me.

"Wait, you are the girl that bumped into me yesterday, aren't you?" He stared at me in amusement.

"Uh, yeah." I kept looking down at my shoes, with heat crawling up my cheek.

God, why am I blushing?

"I told you to see where are you going." I brought my face up to looked at him. He smiled kindly at me, making me blushing even more.

This is so strange and embarrassing.

"Why are you blushing?" He stared at me with a playful smirk showing on his face.

"Nothing! Just stop looking at me." And then he turned around, his back facing me.

"Done." I rolled my eyes at his silly doing.

"That's not what I meant." And then he turned his body again, looking at me with a smirk still plastered on his face.

"Then what?"

"Just stop looking at me like that."

"Okay." His smirk faded from his face. And he stared at me with a dull look on his face.

"Stop it! You look weird." I laughed a little at his face.

"Okay, okay." He chuckled lightly.

Suddenly, a thought came through my mind.

"Oh, what's your name? You know mine and I don't know yours." I said, looking at him with a slight smile.

"Uh, I'm Max." He held his hand out for me to shake. I took his hand and smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Max." I shook my hand with him. "Nice to meet you, too." He smiled. He looked at his wristwatch. "Bye, I have to go." He said hurriedly.

"But-" He ran quickly and disappear at the corner of the hallway. I sighed and began to walk.

I just want to ask who he is, but he always run away when I just wanted to asked it. Maybe I will see him again tomorrow.