Eighteen

I turn on my heels and walk back towards his room. Curiosity and fear already building inside my body, making my heart beat a little faster than it would normally do. I put my hand on the handle, and once again debated with my mind.

Glass shattering can be heard once again, making my eyes widened in a little in shock. And making the fear inside me growing even faster than my curiosity. I push the big door open and my heart stops.

Max sitting weakly in front of a drawer, pieces of glasses scattered beside him. His eyes shut close, his hand gripped on his honey color hair weakly as he keep winced in pain. He moves a little, trying to stand on his feet, but failed completely.

I move my feet quickly towards him, my eyes open wide in fear of what is happening now to him. I kneel beside him, and placed a hand on his forehead lightly, checking the temperature body. And his forehead feels hot.

"Max, what's happening?" I asked, looking at him in worries as I hold onto his upper arms strongly. His eyes still shut close tightly as he winced, not even answering my question.

I open my mouth to ask him the same question, when suddenly blood running down his nostrils and his ears. A little gasp escape my lips, and my heart thumping even more at the view. "Sta- Stay here." I stuttered and quickly run towards the queen's suite in panic.

I knock on her door, and the knocking become banging as I get even more panicky. I look around, trying to find any guards for help, but none of them here. The door suddenly swing open and the queen stands there, looking at me with confusion wash all over her face. "Anne, are you okay?"

"I'm sorry, your majesty. But the prince needs some help. He's bleeding." I said in panic. Her confused face suddenly turns into panic and worries and she says, "Anne, stay with him. I'm going to call the guard to take him to the hospital wing."

I nodded vigorously at her. "Yes, your majesty." I quickly turn my body and run back towards his room. I look around his room, searching for any tissue paper and my eyes found it placed on his bedside table. I run towards it and grab the box full of tissues. I jog towards him and kneel beside him, panting as I get more panicky in each second.

I pull some tissues and dabbed it onto his ears and nostrils with my trembling hand. His eyes still closed as he keeps wincing. "Max, can you hear me? Are you okay?" I asked, putting my hand on his forehead once again.

His eyes fluttered open and his gaze falls at mine tiredly. "Anne, why is your hand so cold?"

"I'm fine, Max. Are you okay?" I asked again, still worrying about him as blood still rolling down from his nostrils and ears.

"I'm just-" Two guards suddenly came running into the room with stretcher. I quickly move away from Max, letting them to take him. They put him onto the stretcher and running out of the room. I followed them briskly, looking at them in worries as I think about what's happening to him.

We walk towards the hospital wing door and the doctor tells me to wait outside. And I wait. I leaned my back onto the wall, worrying about him. The queen and the king comes running towards me, their faces covered with worries and fear. I quickly straighten my back at the sight of them. They stop in front of me, panting a little.

"What's happening to him?" The king asked worriedly.

"I'm sorry, your majesty, I don't know. I was just walking out of her majesty room when I heard glass shattering inside the prince room. When I got into his room, he's already on the floor with his eyes shut and his hand on his head." I turn my head to the queen. "I'm sorry, your majesty, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay, Anne. You did the right thing. I'm very glad that you do that and told me about this. If you weren't, I don't know what would be happening to him. Now, we just have to stay here and wait for the doctor to come out of the room."