Twenty Four

We keep talking about things as Lily and Nina plays the card game, and it makes me know more about them. Sometimes, Lily would just let a little laugh, giggles, or just smiling widely at Nina's jokes. And she look more happier than she was when she told us about her family.

"Come on, let's go take our lunch." Nina said, gathering the cards and stand to her feet. Lily and I followed her and walk to the kitchen.

"Hi, Ella." Nina greeted the kitchen staff. She brought her face up and a smile quickly form on her face. "Oh, hi."

I take some foods from the containers, queuing with others worker. When we done picking our lunch, we walk back to our room.

I step into the room and Lisa already there, sitting on the floor with plate of foods already placed on her lap. She look up at us and smile. "Hi."

"Hi." I greeted back. Lily, Nina and I join her on the floor, and eat our lunches.

After we done eating, I take all of the dirty plates and walk to the kitchen. I put the dirty dishes into the sink and turn around, and Conor coming out of nowhere, standing in front of me. I step back a little in shock and sigh.

"Hi." I said, laughing nervously because of the shock.

"Hi." He replied, grinning at me. "Want to have some talk?"

"Sure. Let's go to my room, I want to introduce you to my friends."

"Okay."

He puts his dirty dish into the sink and walk with me to my room. We walk into the room and the girls still there, having a little conversation as they sitting on the floor. We take a few steps towards them and they look up at us.

Nina, that is sitting at the opposite side of Conor and I, looking up at us, or I could say, staring a Conor. "Conor, this is Lisa, Nina and Lily, my roommate. And girls, this is Conor, my friend from my home province."

"Hi, Conor, nice to meet you." Lisa said kindly.

"Nice to meet you, Conor." Lily said, shyly.

"Nice to meet you to, Lisa, Lily." Conor said, smiling kindly at them.

I look at Nina and she still staring at him, or more like daydreaming about him, I guess. I stifle my laughter, making me grinning widely. I clear my throat and Nina shakes her head, blinking her eyes a few times.

"Nice to meet you, Conor." Nina said, her cheeks turns into a crimson color as she look down at her lap, embarrassed. I shake my head at her, still smiling widely as I look at her.

"Nice to meet you too, Nina." Conor said, grinning at her playfully.

"Guys, we will be outside the door if you needs us."

"Okay." Lisa said.

We turn around and walk out of the room. I take a sit next to my room door, and I lean my back onto the wall. Conor sit beside me, his knees bent in front of him with his arms placed on it in a casual manner. I glance at him for a second at the same time he does the same. We look away and laugh.

"Conor, you know what, I guess Nina has a crush on you." I said, smiling widely at him. He just laugh at it, shaking his head slightly. When his laugh dies down, he turns his face at me. "So, what are you chosen here for?"

"I'm working as the queen's maid now."

"Do you like it in here?"

"Yeah. I'm glad I have great friends here." I smile.

"Well, I guess now you're one of the palace guards, am I right?" I guessed, looking at him with a little smirk.

"Yeah, I knew you already know it from my uniform." I look down at his uniform and see the badge on the right side of his chest. OFFICER LOCKWOOD. I shift my gaze back to his face.  "How is it feels like, being the palace guard, I mean?"

"It's great." He nodded. "I've done all this workout and drank some vitamins. And it makes me stronger than ever." I snorted at his words.

Well, from the way he looks now, I could say what he just said is true. I can notice his body getting bigger and taller than he was back at Pinewood.

A thought suddenly came across my mind and I grin. I punch his arms hardly and he just look at me with the look of annoyance all over his face. "What you did that for?" He asked, frowning.

"Well, you said that you got stronger, so, that's just a little test. And that prove that you are." I said, laughing at him.

"God, why are you so annoying?" He sigh loudly, rolling his eyes.

"Because that's me. I'm just a girl who like to annoy people and put a prank on them."

"Well, you should cut out that personality a little. Or else, it would get you into trouble." He said, his face turns into a slight frown.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. But I haven't done that to anyone here other than you. That mean I'm not really that bad, am I?"

"Good for you. Keep it up."