Thirty Nine

I wake up from my sleep, finding Lily, Lisa, and Nina beside me. They stare at my way with worries and kneel beside me.

"Are you okay?" Nina asks. I look at all of them with confusion, my eyebrows furrow. "I'm fine."

I pull myself up to sit, and the world around me spin so fast. I fall back to my bed, groaning as the world still feel like spinning.

"Anne, what's wrong?" Lisa asks.

"I'm okay. Just a little dizzy." I put my hand over my forehead and rub my eyes, sighing. Lisa puts her hand on my forehead and gasp loudly. "Anne, you're burning!"

"What?"

"You're forehead feels hot." Nina steps closer to me and do the same thing, Lily following after her. They stare down at me sadly and look at each other.

"Anne, you go rest for today. I'll tell Her Majesty you're sick." Lily says.

"But—"

"No, Anne. Lucy right. You have to rest." Nina says, a stern look on her face. I nod my head a little, can't think of a word to argue with them.

"I'm going to get you some breakfast." Lisa walks out of the room in an instant. I look up at Lily, nodding her head to herself.

"I'm going to tell Her Majesty." Lily walks out of the room quickly, leaving me alone with Nina.

"And I'm going to get you some medicine. Don't go anywhere, okay?" She smiles, and I return it. "Okay."

I lay on my bed, feeling the time passing by slowly in the quiet and vacant room. And then a thought appear in my head.

I haven't write any letter for my family this week. Maybe they're worried about me after yesterday.

I pull myself slowly and steadily from my bed and walk to the wardrobe. Though my head keeps throbbing like crazy, I push myself to keep walking and pull out some paper and pen from my backpack and walk back to my bed. I take a seat on my bed, start writing the letter.

Dear mom, dad, Luna, and Sam,

Hello, how are you there? If you're wondering, I'm fine in here. We all safe in here. The guards already caught the leader of the rebel no long after the breach. I miss you all but I can't come home for now. I hope you're fine there. And don't worry about me, I will be fine here.

Please reply soon.

Your daughter and sister,

Anne

I put the letter into the envelope and put it under my pillow, deciding to send the letter later.

I wish I can talk to Luna right now. She'll understand all of the things happened in this past few weeks and give me some advise and cheer me up. Although she's younger than me, she's wiser than me.

Nina opens the door with some medicine in her hand and Lisa follow after her. Lisa gives me my breakfast-some scrambled egg and sausage- and then Nina pulls a chair with her and put it beside my bed. She puts the bottle of medicine on the chair and smile down at me.

"Thank you, Nina, Lisa." I look at them back and forth gratefully.

"No problem. This is what a friend should do, right?" Nina grins.

"Right." Lisa smiles.

After that, they walk out the room and leave me with the silence again. I let out a sigh, looking down at my breakfast.

Today will be the most boring day of my life. It's better to do some work or do something rather than staying in this room, doing nothing but sleeping and sitting.