Forty Seven

"Anne, your lessons to be my personal assistant starts from today." She smiles. I blink my eyes rapidly for a few times, just remembering that Queen Alessandra had chosen me to be her new personal assistant.

Why does she even want me to be her personal assistant? King Carlton is clearly against the idea but she doesn't even care about it from the way she argued with him the other day. Now, I'm afraid if he will get angry at me because of accepting this job but what can I do anyway?

"But Your Majesty, I don't know what to do." She steps closer to me with a soft smile on her face. She stops in front of me and put her hands on top of my shoulders. "I'll tell you what to do and just follow my instruction. You'll be fine."

"Okay." I nod. I stare back at her and remember about Lily. If I'm going to be Queen Alessandra's personal assistant, then who will be working with Lily as the Queen's maid? I don't want her to work alone and get herself tired. "But, how about Lily? Who's going to help her with the work?"

"Lisa is going to help her out. She's your replacement." My head tilts to the side a little at the mention of the name. Lisa? She's going to work as Queen Alessandra's maid? I'm so happy for her. I know her, working as the housekeeper, doing all the hard work to clean the palace and other things makes her tired. By being Queen Alessandra's maid, she doesn't have to work really hard anymore.

"Lisa?" She lets her hands fall to her sides as she steps back, smiling at my way. "Yes. From what I heard, she's one of of your roommates. Am I correct?"

"Yes, she is, Your Majesty." I smile at her, grateful that Lisa is chosen to be my replacement. The knock from the door make me spin my head around in curiosity.

"Come in, please." Queen Alessandra says. The door swings open and Lisa walks into the room, with Lily following after her and she closes the door quietly. They walk towards us and each of them give the Queen a curtsy. Queen Alessandra nods her head with the smile on her face. They rises back from the curtsy and stand in front of us. I look over at Lisa, who's already having an excited smile showing on her face as she stares back at me.

"Lisa," The Queen says. Lisa turns her gaze to Queen Alessandra, smiling. "Yes, Your Majesty?" She says, looking nervous and excited at the same time.

"You can start your work now with Lily. And Anne, please wait for me in the library as I get ready for the day." She smiles softly at me and I nod my head, returning her smile. "Yes, Your Majesty."

I give her a curtsy and walk out of the room. The hallway as usual is quiet, only few of the Servants I pass on my way to the library. I step into the library and close the door again. I look around and shelves of books surround me. In the middle of the room, there are four tables and chairs around them.

I walk to the shelves of books as I admire my surroundings. I always like to read books, but I don't really have much of them back home. And the books I have are my dad's and mom's old books. I stop in front of the bookshelf, looking at all the book in front of me. I pull out one book and it says 'History of Europe Book 1'. I look back at the books and see there are more books about history in the shelves.

I put back the book to the shelf and walk to the other aisle. I keep walking through the aisle, smiling at the sight of the thick books and wishing that maybe I could read all of these books but I know I can't. I sigh and walk into another aisle of bookshelves.

I look for a book that probably could help me with my lesson when someone walks into the aisle. I turn my gaze and see King Carlton's walking through the aisle, doesn't seem to mind me as he stops in front of the shelf meters away from me and take a heavy looking book. He catches me staring at him and he stares back at me. I freeze in my place for a split second and I quickly give him a curtsy.