Twenty One

Today, Max already doing well than he was three days ago. And I'm so glad that he recover fully from the headache. I'm so worried about him because if he's gone, who would rule this country when the king and queen gone too? 

And today is just like any other day. I woke up by the sounds of the phone ringing. I quickly rise from my bed and answer the call, knowing it would be the queen calling for me and Lily to go help her getting ready for the day.

I hold the phone close to my ear and say, "Hello, your majesty."

"Hello Anne, please come up here immediately." The queen said from other line of the phone.

"Yes, your majesty." I nodded. I hand up the phone, and walk to Lily's bed. I kneel beside her, looking her doll-like face, and shaking her body gently. "Lily, wake up. The queen needs us."

I keep shaking her body, until her eyes open slowly and I stand on my feet. She sit on the bed for a few seconds, rubbing her drowsy eyes. She rise from the bed and walk behind me towards the queen's room.

I knock on her room door three times and wait for her respond as I stand with my hands clasped in front of my stomach. 

"Come in!"

I push the door open and see the queen in her robe, walking towards us. I give the queen a little curtsy with Lily beside me. "Your majesty." 

"Anne, Lily, please clean my room and prepare my bath."

"Yes, you're majesty." I said, nodding my head a little.

Lucy and I start our work. We dusted the bed, rearranged the pillow and folded the duvet. We walk briskly to the bathroom and I quickly turn the faucet on while Lily takes the rose petals and soap.

When water already filling up half of the bathtub, I turn the faucet off. Lily poured the soap and I scatter the fresh rose petals, feeling the scent of rose fills up my nose. We walk out of the room and advance towards Queen Alessandra. "Your majesty, your bath is ready."

"Thank you, Anne, Lily." She said, smiling softly at us and walk to the bathroom. As we wait for the queen to finish her bath, we vacuum cleaned the room, cleaning the balcony. When we done, we stand beside her bed, close to the bathroom, waiting for her to come out.

When she already out of the bathroom, I drained the bathtub and clean the bathroom quickly. I wash my hand and walk towards the queen and do my job, styling her hair for today. For today, I'm doing the simple one. I'm styling her hair into a loose bun, with strands of hair framing her flawless face.

When Lily and I done, the queen dismissed us, and we walked out of the room briskly. We headed to our room, side by side in silence, greeting some guards and cleaning staff with smile. 

We keep walking down the hallway, when I caught a familiar face walking the opposite direction of me. He walks briskly with a guard beside him, not even take a glance at us. I keep walking, eyebrows merged as I try to remember who is he.

Conor! Oh my god. I can't believe he chosen to work in here too. I'm so glad he's here. At least I have someone I know from home in this place I haven't know well. 

Along our way to our room, a slight smile stretched on my face, still can't believe of what I just saw and feel so happy he's here and I know he would be happy too.