Thirty Six

The queue to the great room lining up through the hallway, officer from outside the palace and the older guards have their guns in their hands, ready to shoot anyone who's going to runaway from the security procedure. Their minds are focused from what I see through their piercing stares.

"Miss, please step forward and walk into the room." An officer said, his voice is firm and his stare is stern. I nod my head and quickly walk into the room.

The room has been split into few rooms. To be exact 10 rooms with curtain cover the inside of the room. A guard guide me to one of the room, his grip is tight around my upper arm and make me wince silently in pain. He push the curtain to the side and push me a little into the room.

A lady in her fifties look at me with bore in her eyes and motion me to take a seat on the chair in the middle of the room. I quickly sit on the chair and wait for her to do whatever she does. She pulls out a syringe from the drawer, testing it once and twice, and turn at me.

"This is going to sting for a while. Stay still as I inject the serum into your body." She demanded.

"Yes, ma'am." I nod my head once and prepare myself for the injection as my heart starting to beat faster than a second ago. I take in a deep breath and shut my eyes close in a little fright.

She push the needle into my neck and a piercing sting comes through my head. A few seconds later I find myself staring at the curtain blankly and with a weird feeling inside my head.

"What is your name?" She asked, staring into my eyes as she holds a board and a pen, waiting for my reply.

"Anne Ashton." The words feel like just came out of my mouth without I intended to and there's nothing I can do to stop it. She writes down my name quickly on her paper and look back at me.

"Where are you from?"

"Pinewood Hills."

"Who's you're mother?"

"Margaret Ashton."

"How about your father?"

"Gerald Ashton."

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Two brother and a sister."

"How old are your brothers?"

"21 and 6 years old."

"Your sister?"

"14 years old."

"Do you have any connection with the United States of Canada?"

"No."

"Okay. You can leave the room now."

"Uhm, thank you."

The weird feeling inside my head begin to wear off as I begin to walk out of the room and about to go back to my room. I let out a sigh and suddenly feel a little dizzy.

"Officer and guards! Room 5!"

My head shoots up at the shout and into the room. Stop moving my feet toward the door that's only a few meters away from me, I keep looking into the room with curiosity. The officer and guards in the great room rushes toward the room and open the curtain. 

A boy around my age have white liquids streaming down from his mouth as he has seizures and his eyes roll back into his head. His body keeps shaking uncontrollably and the guards rushes him out of the room and all of the people in the room are shaken by the sight.

"Miss, please leave the room now." I The guard ordered firmly and quickly walk out of the room with other guards and the boy. Ignoring the guard words, I quickly run out of the room, secretly following the guards to the hospital wing. I hide in the hallway and keep looking into the hospital wing.