Forty Four

Today is Sunday and today is a day off for Lily and me. But the ringing that's coming from the phone makes me raise my eyebrows in curiosity. Oh right. Queen Alessandra told me that if she going to need me, she's going to call.

I pick up the phone and hold it close to my ear with a little smile on my face. "Good morning, your majesty."

"Anne, can you come up to my room?" Max's voice rings through the phone and my eyebrows raise in confusion and also curiosity.

"Uh, sure. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"I'll be waiting."

I hang up the phone and my mind wonders to what could possibly make Max call me this early in the morning but nothing really comes up to my mind.

I knock on the door and few seconds waiting, the door swings open and a hand grips on my wrist, pulling me into the room. My eyes widen at Max as he closes the door. "Oh my goodness, what was that for?" I put my hand over my chest in attempt to calm my heart beating fast.

"Sorry, but we have to hurry." He says, smiling apologetically at me. My eyebrows merge at his words as I think of why do we have to hurry.

"Where are we going?"

"Out of the palace." He smiles. My eyebrows shoot up at the words and I quickly shut my mouth close when I realize I've been gaping like a fish. "What? Are you even allowed to do that?"

"Uh, yes." He says with uncertainty. He shakes off the thoughts he's probably having in his head and turn his attention back to me. "Well, the point is we're going out."

"Why are we even going out?" I ask. He just keep the smile on his face as he stares back into my eyes. "I want to show you the city."

He wants to show me the city? Why? And how? And most importantly, how am I going to get King Carlton's permission for going out of the palace?

"And how are we going to do that?"

"I'm going to drive us, maybe get some guards to watch us from afar." He shrugs his shoulders.

"But I can't go out without King Carlton's permission."

"Don't worry, we'll be back before they even notice."

So he wants me to go out of the palace without His Majesty's permission? Which is also breaking the law? Does he just encourage me to break the law?

"I can't. I don't want to break the law." I frown.

"Okay, I'm just going to tell him now that you're accompanying me to go to the city."

"What if he asks what for?"

"Well, uh, I'm just going to tell him that I'm going to just go around the town. It's just that easy."

"Are you sure he's going to let us go?"

"He probably will. He'll just going to make me bring a few guards with me."

"Okay."

"Just wait in here. I'm going to ask him now."

"Okay."

He briskly walks out of the room and the door is closed. I look around the room, not sure what to do when I find a photograph on the bedside table. I pick the picture up and stare into the picture. He's younger in the picture, probably two years old. There are also King Carlton and Queen Alessandra, holding a baby?

Max had a sibling, and it was probably a girl from the sight of the purple blanket wrapping around her little body. He has a sister. But, where is she now? I never know that the queen actually has a daughter. Oh no. Did she passed away? At such a young age? She can barely talk and she's already passed away.