Twenty Nine

Lily and I walk back to our room in silence. Conor passes walk towards the different direction. He look at our way and we share a brief nod and smile. We continue to walk and stop by the kitchen, taking our breakfast with us.

We walk into our room and Nina and already in there, eating their own breakfast. Noticing our arrival, they look up and smile. "Hi, Anne, Lily." Nina said, grinning at us.

"Hi, Marie." I smile at her.

"So, how was your work today with her majesty?" She asked casually.

"It's like usual. But I'm so honored to choose her dress for today's garden party."

"Oh really? Wow, I'm so jealous of you." She said, looking a little astonished.

"So, how about you? What would you do for today?" I asked.

"Oh, I have to be in the kitchen for the whole day because of this garden party. It's going to be a very busy day for the kitchen staffs."

"And I have to be the waitress in the party." Lisa added.

"So you both going to be very busy."

"Yeah." They nodded.

"Oh. I hope you guys for the best. I wish I can help. Well, maybe I can. If you guys need more person to help in the kitchen or as a waitress, I'm ready to go."

"You don't have to. I'm sure all of the workers is more than enough to do the job."

"Okay. I guess we'll see you guys tonight?"

"I guess."

"Okay. Good luck guys."

"Thanks, Anne. Come on, Lisa, let's go."

"Let's go. Bye Anne, Lily."

"Bye, Lisa."

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •

I was staying in the room all day long, don't have any works to done for the queen. Lily was staying in here too, writing letters to her family in the silence that last for a long time in the room, and I was just writing a letter for my own family too, sometimes asking her a random things.

It's already nighttime, and Lisa and Nina already back from their job. We eat our dinner until the telephone rings, make me stand on my feet quickly and answer it, already know it would be Queen Alessandra calling.

I pick the phone up and hold it close to my ear. "Hello?"

"Anne, can you and Lily go to my suite now?" Queen Alessandra asked.

"Yes, your majesty. Sure. We'll be there in a minute."

"Thank you, Anne."

"Your welcome, your majesty." I put the phone back and turn my body around, looking at the girls sitting on the floor in front of me. "Lily, let's go." She munches the food inside her mouth and quickly swallow it, nodding her head while she's doing it.

She quickly stand from the floor and walk toward me. "Bye Nina, bye Lisa, I'll see you soon. If you both haven't gone to sleep."

"We'll wait for you two. See you."

I walk out of the room, followed by Lily behind me. She quicken her pace and walk beside me, with the same speed as me.

I knock on the suite door. The door quickly opened by Queen Alessandra herself, still looking beautiful and radiant after all day long out in the garden though I can see she looks tired. I do a little curtsy with Lily and stand back straight.

"Anne, Lily, come inside." She smiled.

"Yes, your majesty." The queen walk back into the room and we follow her into the room. I close the door carefully and walk to the bathroom, already know what to do when see calls us in the evening.

Lily already there, filling up the bathtub with warm water. I walk to the drawer and grab a handful of rose petals. Lily turn the faucet off and I throw the rose petals into the bathtub. Lily pours some soap into the bathtub, moving her hand under the water, making sure the soap mixed with the water.

She wipe her hand to her clothes and nodded at me. We walk out of the bathroom and go toward Queen Alessandra who's just sitting on the balcony, winds blowing right at her.

"Your majesty, your bath is ready."

"Thank you, Anne, Lily."

"Your welcome, your majesty." She walks past us and walk into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

While we wait for the queen to finish her bath, I forget to put her sleep gown in the bathroom. I walk to the closet and take her sleep gown. I put it down on her bed and we waited for minutes until the bathroom door open.

"Anne, can you bring my sleep gown?"

"Yes, your majesty." I quickly pick her sleep gown and give it to her right away. She closes the bathroom door again, and walk out of the bathroom a minute later. She walks straight to the dresser and we follow her.

I put some moisturizer to my hand, and so do Lily, and we rub it onto Queen Alessandra's hands and legs.

"How was the garden party, your majesty?"

"It's great as it usually is."

When Lily and I finished, we excuse ourselves and walk back to our room.

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •

Hello readers! I'm sorry I haven't posted any new chapters in these past two weeks. I'm kind of running out of idea. And I'm sorry if this chapter is boring. But don't worry! Great things is about to come in this story.

Don't forget to leave a comment to let me know if you like the story and tap on the star to vote!

I hope you enjoy the story this far

-Alma