Twenty Two

I walk through the long hallway, looking forward and lost in thought. Why is the queen always dismissed Lily first? Why doesn't she just dismissed both of us when I finished my work and we both can go back to our room together? I mean, I only work more longer than Lily by 5 minutes or so.

But, I guess the queen dismissed her first because there's something she doesn't want Lily to know. But why? I mean, we are her maids. I have the same job here as Lily. Why? 

I bump into someone's hard body, and I fall backwards. His hands hold my upper arms tightly, preventing me from falling to the marble floor. I look up and see Conor looking down at me. I quickly take a step back and grinned as I realised it's really him.

"Conor!" I throw my arms around his neck him, hugging him with excitement and joy running in my veins, feeling too happy that Conor works in here with me.

He let out a little chuckle and wrap his arms around my back gently. "Anne." We hold onto each other for a moment, feeling grateful for seeing each other and knowing we would be working in the same place for years, and we let go of each other, grinning. 

"You work in here too?" He asked, a wide grin still plastered onto his amused face.

"Yeah. I actually already know you work here since yesterday." I smile at him.

"Really? Wow, how can I not realized it?" He laughed a little.

"You look like you're in hurry yesterday so I don't want to interrupt you." I shrugged.

"I can't believe you're here." He said, shaking his head slightly in disbelief.

"Yeah, me too."

"Uh, I guess I have to go now. I'm in my shift now. See you later?" He said, his right eyebrow raised slightly, make me laugh a little in amusement.

"I'll see you later."

We share a smile and walk towards the opposite direction,  and the smile still has it place on my face as I walk.

Finally I can talk to him for a bit, I miss his voice. It's just feels great that I can see him and talk to him again. And now I know, I can talk to him everyday from now on.