Fourteen

The door swung open, revealing King Carlton himself standing at the other side of the door. Lily and I immediately fall into a deep curtsy at the sight of him. He looks at all of us with a look that makes me somehow a little frightened. And then he looks back into the room.

"Love, is this your maids?" The king asked as he steps aside, letting the queen takes a look at Lily and I.

"Oh, yes. Anne, Lily, please come in." I take in a deep breath and walk into the suite, with the king's stare trained on me. As we get in front of the queen, we fall into a curtsy again, a little smile on my face.

"Anne, Lily, this is King Carlton, the king of our country and my husband." The queen smiles softly as her hand gestured to the king who's already standing by her side.

"Your Highness, an honor to meet you." I bowed my head, smiling though I'm still frightened by his stare.

"Nice to meet you too." He said, smiling a little at me and then at Lily.

"Anne, Lily, since you didn't have any work to do other than to serve me, I introduced you to King Carlton. Because, if he needs some help, he could ask some from you.

"And I would like to introduce you to the prince. But unfortunately, he's not in a good condition after his cousin give him too much alcohol. He's resting in his room, but I already told him if he needs some helps, he can call to your room." I nodded.

"Now, could you both please take some tea for us?" She asked.

"Sure your majesty." Lily and I curtsied and leave the room immediately, and advance to the kitchen.

"Lily, do you think what the queen just said to us is somewhat strange?" I asked as I pour some water into the teapot, eyebrow knitted as I thought about it repeatedly.

"Yeah, I've thought like that too when she told us about this introduction in the afternoon. Why the queen ask her own maids to serve other people when there's plenty of people like us in this place?"

"Yeah, It's just so strange." I nodded, frowning a little.

"But, I guess she haven't really trust the other maid since they didn't work for her. But we, already work for her for a few days and maybe she already trust us enough to work for her other family member." Lily added.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Maybe, if she already find other maids or butler for the prince and king, maybe she'll stops us from working for the king and prince."

But who knows, maybe she'll stops us from working for her, but not from working for the king and prince.