Twenty Five

It's been three months since the first day I start working here, and everything here is just the same, nothing changes a lot. I always do my daily work, eating, talking with all my roommates and Conor, and sleep.

And, Max and I got even closer each day. When he asked me to come and help him with his room, he actually just wanted to talk with me. At first, I was hesitated. I thought it would only make things for me worse if I got caught with him, talking and joking. And not doing my own work though I'm just work for the queen morning and night.

But after a little while, I get used to it. I don't even know why he, Max, want to be friends with me. I mean, he must be have a lot of friends who're in his class, the high class people, not like me, a servant.

The queen even know about this, and she's not even mad at me for a little bit. And it's just unusual for the leader of the country that is obviously a person that has the authority, haven't put me in the jail already for getting close to the prince, her son. 

The sounds of the phone ringing wake me up from my daze. I woke up early today, and I can't go back to sleep. So there I was, lying on my back as I think about my life for these past three months.

I quickly rise from my bed, feeling the world spinning a little around me, and answer the call that I know it would be from the queen.

"Your majesty."

"Anne, come up here quickly." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, wondering why is Max calling me this early. "Max? What's going on."

"Just come here." He replied. I nodded my head, still confused by the call. "Okay."

I put the phone back to its place and advance to Max's suite. I knock on his door, waiting an answer from him as I tapped my foot on the floor, anxiously thinking about what happened three months ago.

There's no way that happening again now. It has to be something else.

The door opened quickly and I look at Max. Worries glinting from his brown eyes as he looks back into mine.

"Max, why did you called me? What's happening? Are you okay?" I bombarded him with questions. He close his eyes for a second and sigh. "I'm fine, Anne."

"So why did you called me?"

"I need you to help me with something." He said, worries still covering his face. I furrowed my eyebrows at his words. "With what?"

"First, you have to promise me you won't tell anyone about it." He said with seriousness in his quiet voice. The words make my eyebrows furrowed deeper than before, getting more confused by his words. "Uh, okay. I promise."

He pulls the door, wide enough for me to get through. He steps aside, giving me a way to step into the room. I look down on my feet as I step into the room. Max closes the door and I look up from my shoes. A gasp escape past my lips as I see the awful view in front of me. I turn my gaze at Max, eyes already opened wide. "Max, what just happened in here?"