Twenty Nine

Amber, Dean, Sam and Gabriel were sat in the waiting room. Amber calmed down a bit, she felt hope. She was looking through the Polaroid pictures, Dean had his arm around her and they were laughing at the memories they've had with Castiel, thought they were still crying.
"I remember this one, it was when we went ice skating and Castiel slipped and bruised his face for weeks." Amber and Dean laughed, sniffing.
"This one is a classic, it was on his 25th birthday when he was about to make a wish and he closed his eyes and I shoved the cake in his face." Dean laughed, most of the pictures were him and Amber playing tricks on Castiel or of him humiliating himself. Amber pulled out one she remembered, but thought she lost. It was her favourite
"Oh my god!" She yelled, Dean panicked
"What?"
"I thought I lost this, it was my favourite!" She cried, tears dripping down her face. It was her first Christmas with Dean and Castiel. Dean was holding the camera and Amber and Castiel were at the back. Castiel was smiling, he had a Christmas hat on and Amber was doing cross eyes, making a silly face and giving Castiel bunny ears.
She started crying
"That was one of the best moments ever." Dean sniffed, wiping his eyes.
A doctor walked over to them.
"Castiel is ready to see you." The doctor smiled. Amber jumped out of her seat and ran to the room.

She saw Castiel and she jumped back in shock.
"It's still me Amber, I'm just a bit beaten up." Castiel said, his voice was croaky and broken. His face had cuts all over it and his arm had a massive gash, he was bruised almost everywhere. Amber approached him, she hugged him and sobbed.
"I love you daddy." She cried, Castiel hugged her back and smiled
"I love you too Amber." He coughed. Dean walked into the room.
"I'm so glad that you're okay, you scared me." Dean smiled, walking towards him, he pulled a chair next to him and held his hand. Gabriel and Sam came in behind them.
"Hey Gabriel." Castiel coughed, waving. Gabriel turned to Sam and put his head in his shoulder, he couldn't bare looking at his brother in this state. Sam patted his shoulder.
"Looking good Cas." Sam smiled
"Thanks." Castiel giggled. Amber pulled her camera bag around and unzipped it.
"I brought pictures to look at." She smiled. They went through all the pictures, they laughed and smiled. It was another happy moment.
"Uncle Sammy...I know Castiel doesn't look so well but can you take a picture of us" Amber pleaded, Sam nodded his head and took the camera. Dean kneeled next to Castiel, holding his hand and Amber stood next to him, Castiel took her hand and kissed it. The flash went off and the picture came out, he passed it to Amber and she shook it. She thanked Sam.
"I need a coffee or something, come with me Amber." Dean said, putting his arm around her.

They walked down three flights of stairs when they finally found the café.
"I'm just going to order a coffee, straight after we'll go back to your dad." He smiled. Amber nodded her head and sat at a chair and waited for Dean.

A few minutes later Dean had his coffee, they walked up the stairs again and opened the door to Castiel's room, smiling. They opened the door and that feeling was suddenly gone. They stood in shock, doctors filled the room, surrounding Castiel. Dean ran in and stood at the side of the bed.
"I'm sorry sir, we'll need you to leave." A doctor said, pushing Dean back slightly.
"No!" Dean yelled, crying. He grabbed Castiel's hand
"Please don't leave me." He cried
"Dean, knowing you it's- it's been the best part of my life." He struggled
"Stop it Cas, you're going to live." Dean shouted, tears rolling from his eyes and falling to the ground. The doctors stepped back.
"I love you, remember that. I'll see you soon." He stammered
"NO!" Dean cried. He kissed Castiel
"Don't leave me!" He yelled
"I love you Amber." He said, looking at Amber
"I love you Dean." He struggled
"Stop that right now! I love you and I will forever and we will live until we are old and grey, do you hear me!" He yelled. Castiel took his last breath. His life flashed before his eyes.

' "You Castiearl?" He asked
"Uhh- it's pronounced Castiel." He replied, awkwardly
"Sorry if I startled you." Dean said, trying to hide his laugh. Castiel rubbed the back of his neck and grimaced. '

"You damn worried me Novak." Dean sighed

"What song should we listen to. Choose one on my playlist." Dean said, happily. Tears were rolling down Castiel's face, he truly was terrified. He clicked on Here Comes The Sun by the Beatles.

"It'll be okay Cas, as long as I'm with you nobody will hurt you." Dean whispered, comforting Castiel. He smiled at Dean
"Thank you, Dean" he said.

"Cas you were doing amazing, all you did was get a couple of words mixed up, and that's okay." Dean said, he wrapped his arms around Castiel and sung.

"No Cas you don't understand I really like you, I care about you too much." Dean says, getting more nervous every time
"How many times are going to tell me?" Castiel asked smiling.
"Screw this" Dean said, he took a deep breath and kissed Castiel.

Dean opened the door of his car and slammed it shut, he ran to Cas and sat next to him, he hugged him
"I've got you Cas, it's okay" Dean reassured

Dean ran towards the door and jogged to Castiel with his arms open.
"I'm so god damn proud of you Cas" he said, embracing him.
"I can't believe I just did that" Castiel squealed

"I . Uh- brought you some stuff." Dean said awkwardly. He handed Castiel the sunflowers, the bee plushy and the puppy plushy. Castiel smiled

"Castiel Novak. We may have only known each other for 2 years now but it feels like forever. You have changed me as a person in a great way and I'm thankful for that. I love you with all my heart and I don't think I'll ever regret this." He started. Dean pulled a small box out of his pocket and opened it
"Castiel. Will you marry me?" Dean asked

"Castiel Novak, I've only known you for 2 years but t has felt like forever. When I first saw you I did think you were a pathetic nerd." He chuckled, Castiel frowned at him
"But now I see you're not. You're much more than that. You're sensitive, pure, kind, funny and you don't even notice it. You are awesome and I love you for that. Don't ever change, I might just have to get Sam to run me over with my baby"