Fourteen

Dean woke up to the sound of his brother walking loudly down the hallway, he saw the door handle move. Dean jumped up and as Sam walked in he started tapping Cas, pretending to wake him up.

"Dean. What are you doing in here?" Sam asked, suspiciously
"Oh just waking Cas up." Dean replied, guilty. Castiel yawned and sat up
"You know you look cute with messy hair." Dean laughed
"Crap" he thought, he just blew his cover.
"Okay..." Sam said, confused, taking another look at Dean and Castiel
"Is there anything you guys aren't telling me?" Sam asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe
"Nothing-" Dean started
"We're together." Castiel interrupted casually, rubbing his eyes
"Cas!" Dean hissed
"Ah. Of course. How could I not have seen it." Sam laughed
"Congrats buddy. I hope it goes well." Sam reassured, nodding his head. As he started walking out he turned back around
"Wait. It's Christmas Eve. Dean, you and Cas have to go and get a tree" Sam said.
"Oh. Of course." Dean replied, smiling at Cas. Sam left the room and closed the door.
"Well. Today is going to be a long day of decorating, so we should get ready." Dean said happily, leaving the room and blowing Castiel a kiss.

Castiel opened his bag and grabbed Dean's jumper and slipped it over his pyjama shirt and changed into a pair of dark blue jeans. He got out his comb and started to comb his hair gently. He got his converse and as he started tying them up, Dean opened the door arms, he was wearing the ugly Christmas jumper.

He spread out his arms and dramatically shouted
"I'm back baby!"
Castiel laughed, he had only just realised how ugly the jumper really was, but Dean could pull off anything and still look perfect. Dean started laughing, he was about to take off the jumper when Castiel grabbed him by the shoulders
"No Dean, you're wearing that" Castiel laughed
"Oh come on!" Dean moaned, rolling his eyes.
"Let's go and get a tree!" Castiel sad, glowing with excitement
"We're going to get the tree Sammy!" Dean shouted, walking down the stairs with Castiel
"Okay, that means I'm the one who has to dig out the decorations!" Sam shouted back. Dean laughed, him and Sam would usually fight over who was going to find the decorations as they found it boring. Sam made an acception this year as he didn't want to bore Dean's new boyfriend.

Dean and Castiel sat in the impala and drove to the forest. Dean whistled whilst Castiel tried very hard to guess the song, he recognised the tune but just couldn't get the name of the song.

"Dean, what is that song you're whistling? I forgot what it's called." Castiel asked
"One Way or Another by Blondie! Not One Direction. That cover was bull." Dean exclaimed
"Of course." Castiel replied, smiling
"So Cas, What was your favourite song before you discovered The Beatles?" Dean asked, curious. Castiel went red, he didn't want to Dean to be disappointed. Dean laughed
"Was it really that bad Cas?" He laughed
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper...Dark Horse, Katy Perry" Castiel said, blushing
"Dude-" Dean started. He face palmed and shook his head
"Sorry Dean..." Castiel cringed. The truth was Castiel still loved those songs, and many other ones he was ashamed of but he tried to hide it.
"Anyway. I know you love Halo by Beyoncé. I always hear you singing it in the shower." Dean chuckled, Castiel blushed again.
"Oh dear lord" Castiel thought. Finally they arrived at the forest. Castiel hoped that this would change their conversation.

Castiel stepped outside and breathed in the deep scent of pine and fresh air, he loved adventuring the forests as a child, this brought back a nostalgic feeling. He felt like a child again. He started running around and spinning and dancing, picking sticks off the trees and playing with them.

"Dude what the hell are you doing?" Dean questioned
"I feel like a child again Dean! I haven't been here since I was 7" Castiel exclaimed, excited.
"Well, were here to find the perfect tree remember?"
"But all the trees here are so elevated!" Castiel smiled
"I know Cas, but every year we always found the perfect one." Dean huffed

Castiel didn't help Dean at all, all he did was hide behind trees and jump on Dean's back, sung nursery rhymes and dance.

"Stop Cas, you're acting like a child!" Dean finally shouted, Castiel was annoying him a lot. Castiel didn't stop, he carried on playing and running around.
"For gods sake Cas, who injected you with adrenaline?" Dean growled.
Castiel carried on ignoring him
"How can I make you listen to me!" Dean yelled, rageful. Castiel stopped all of sudden and looked at his feet
"Sorry Dean. I'm just reliving my childhood." Castiel said guiltily. Castiel walked slowly next to Dean with his head dangling.
"Okay. I'll play hide and seek with you, as long as it makes you happy." Dean sighed, rolling his eyes.

Castiel squealed in excitement.
"10! 9!.." Dean shouted, looking up at the sky, rolling his eyes still. Castiel sprinted through the trees when he saw the perfect pine tree. He decided to hide near it so Dean could get the perfect surprise, him and he tree he was looking for.

Castiel saw a big log that had a bit of a gap in it, so he slithered himself in it, he laid there with both his hands squeezed up to his chest.
"I'm coming!" Dean yelled, he tiptoed through the trees quietly, trying not to crunch the golden leaves.
"Cas!" He shouted, laughing. He went silent listening for any noises. Castiel was giggling, silently. He wheezed and held his hand over his mouth. Dean heard and looked over at the log
"He wouldn't" Dean thought. He looked in the hole and laughed
"Cas you are a weird one" he chuckled, Castiel tried to wiggle out but got stuck.
"Dean. I'm stuck" Castiel said, Dean burst out laughing taking his phone out of his pocket and videoing him.
"DEAN!" Castiel shouted, wiggling and struggling.
"Help me now!" He demanded, this just made Dean laugh more, when Castiel finally got out of the hole he stormed off, but Dean caught up with him.

"What the rush? We haven't found the tree yet!" Dean laughed, grabbing his arm, Castiel stood silently and frowned at Dean.
"I'm sorry Cas, it was funny you can't deny that." Dean giggled, trying to hide his laughter.
"Okay...well I found a tree!" Castiel beamed, pointing at the tree.
"Perfect!" Dean exclaimed taking his small axe out of his bag.
"Can I try?" Castiel asked, Dean nodded his head and when he wasn't looking he started filming Castiel.
Cas swung the axe backwards and went to hit the tree but missed, falling over and throwing the axe. Dean laughed and went to help him up.