Chapter 26

Taehyung's POV
.
.
.
.
.
"Yoongi?" I groggily mumble, tiredly staring up towards the elder. His pastel blue locks fall delicately over his eyes while a soft smile takes place on his lips.

I wasn't quite sure if it was due to the exhaustion and that my mind was frazzled with unwariness, but my heart suddenly began to rapidly frolic. It was the feeling I would always get whenever I'm around him, it was unexpectedly returning, making earlier's encounter feel like it never occurred. '...or did it?'

I was still in a state between consciousness and unconsciousness as he whispers, "I'm sorry to wake you, Taehyung." He bites down on his bottom lip, "I just missed you...I miss everything about you." I'm not entirely sure what came over me but I suddenly tug on his hand, allowing him to lay down beside me.

He was hesitant but eventually did so.

All was quiet, neither one of us spoke as we lay side by side in the dark room with little to no light shining through. The most I had to go by with my hazy vision was the moon's shining glow piercing through my closed curtains.

"Taehyung?" I hum as a response, my orbs drooping back to sleep. "I love you." He confesses, causing an enormous smile to take over my face. "I love you too."

"You need to wake up though." Yoongi's voice sounded more strained now, making my lips cave into a frown as I attempt to snap back open my eyes. I look at his worried expression, causing nothing but panic to seep in. "B-but I am awake?!" I frantically search his orbs, watching how he slowly begins to fade away.

"Wait! Yoongi! Come back!! Please!!" I beg, thrashing around as I try to get the covers off of me. I feel like I'm being held down, trapped and unable to reach him.

"YOONGI COME BACK!!!"
.
.
.
.
.
I jump awake, my sharp stare penetrating the entire room as I come to realise I'm all alone.

Leaning forward, I wrap my arms around my head and bury them into my knees. "Just a dream, it was all just a dream." I repeatedly chant to myself, hugging my body closer as realisation takes over.

My pupils expand however when reality slaps me across the face as I come to terms with the fact that I really am in love with Yoongi.

~*~

Lately, I've been feeling rather...on edge. Since that night, I haven't had a wink of sleep and it was slowly beginning to become noticeable. "Are you sure you're sleeping at night?" Hoseok questions as he takes a seat down in front of me. We were currently in the study hall as I was attempting to get my project done.

"Of course I am!" I exclaim, followed by a murmur of, "why else would you think I'm not?"

Hoseok seemed unsure of my words, no doubt forming a theory in his mind as to why my ongoing crabby behaviour has been occurring a lot of late. "I was just asking, no need to get so grumpy about it." He finally mutters, giving me the insight that I've probably dampened his own mood too now.

Wiping my palm across my brows, a sigh parts from my reddish lips. "I'm sorry hyung, I'm just stressed from my assessment, that's all." It was an easy lie to use, one that most students would proclaim whenever they're under stress.

The other was reluctant in his speech, obviously seeing right through the lie but he didn't quite seem up to investigating any further into the matter. So we just allow the silence to consume us, hoping for something not past related to come up instead.

I watch while Hoseok purses his lips, a sort of lost expression in his eyes before it flickers away and he's once more peering in my direction. "So how's your end of semester project coming along?" The question virtually brings a bright beam to my once gloomy appearance when thinking of my piece that I have almost finished.