Chapter 3

It had been maximum an hour since we've been on the road. I kept quiet, the only sound of the radio playing in the background filled the silence along with the noise of the car running against the road. I glance out the window, watching other vehicles drive by. "Tae?" Hoseok tries his best to cut through the silence, "yeah?"

"Taehyung!" He says with more urgency in his tone. I frown, turning my gaze over to see him gripping the steering wheel, his orbs the size of golf balls as he stares ahead.

"It's them! IT'S THEM!!!" He begins screaming, sobbing loudly while making the car swerve sideways. I instantly realise what's going on, "hyung, pull the car over!" I sternly spoke, trying to mask my fear so that I don't frighten Hoseok more.

He shakes his head, "I can't! They'll get us!" Loud beeps of horns could be heard behind us along with shouting from other angry drivers.

"HYUNG! PLEASE!!" I scream, my blubbering clashed with Hoseok's. Suddenly, it was like a switch turned on in hyung's head as he pulls the car off to a nearby service station. He stops the car, heaving forward and leaning his head against the wheel. I was still a crying mess, feeling the awful urge to vomit so I unbuckle my belt, pushing the door quickly open enough before hurling out of the car and onto the grass.

"I'm sorry-I'm sorry Taehyung, I didn't mean for t-this to happen! God, I'm s-such a mess!" He screams frustratingly, slamming his hands hard against the steering wheel which causes me to jump with a fright. "It's okay hyung. You managed to come out of it this time, a lot faster than you have in the past." I croak, my throat aching from all the retching.

Sweat was pouring from the pair of us as Hoseok continues, "I'm tired of these hallucinations! Those damn pills don't help!"  He hisses however, I can hear him beginning to calm down from his high. I pull him in for a hug, I was still crying but a lot more silently now. "It's okay hyung, we're okay." I whisper continuously into his ear, rubbing his back in comfort.

Soon we sober up from our tears, relaxing our heartbeats. We decide to have a break and head into the diner that was situated in the middle of the service station to put some energy back into our bodies.

The dinging of the small bell that hung above the doorway rings throughout the diner, alerting others that someone has arrived. My eyes scan for a place to sit as I spot a small booth tucked away in the corner of the diner. I tug on Hoseok's sleeve, pointing with my other finger at the booth. "Over there hyung," I say before letting go of the other and taking my seat facing away from the door.

Hoseok follows behind, sitting directly in front of me so that we can continue having a conversation. A black haired waitress soon appears with a pen and paper in her grasp. "What can I get you both?" She asks, a kind smile slapped across her cherry red lips. The woman was a lot older than us and was sporting a pink and white stripped diner dress.

My dark orbs roam the place once more, taking in the fact that it looked like one of those American diners from the 50s that you would see in movies. The flooring was black and white tiles and the chairs were a bright red colour with a white stripe down the middle. The restaurant was old school but cute nonetheless.

"I'll just have a strawberry milkshake, Tae?" Hoseok's voice brings me back to reality. I snap my head over to face him when hearing my name, "what?"

He rolls his eyes but a faint smile forms against his lips. "Your order? What do you want?"

"Oh." A light pink hue dusts across both of my cheeks as I turn to the waitress. "I'll just have a glass of water, thanks." I say, giving the woman a big, polite smile.

"Well aren't you a cutie," she giggles, pinching at my cheek before writing down our orders and disappearing into the kitchen.

Hoseok snorts, "even the grannies Tae?" He raises a brow, laughing at the fact that older woman seem to enjoy babying me. I chuckle, shrugging my shoulders, "hey! It's not my fault I'm handsome." I say sarcastically, flicking the front of my fringe out of my face dramatically.