Chapter 20

Taehyung's POV

I sat uncomfortably across from Hoseok inside of the coffee shop that I had been in last time with Yoongi. It was a bit of coincidence that Hoseok brought me here, though I can't understand why he would bring me to such a public space if the look on his expression shows that he wants to talk about something personal.

As though he could read my thoughts, he sighs. "I made sure we're in public so that I don't go overboard and get super pissed." Although his words may sound calm, I could sense the volcano eruption coming.

"Taehyung..." he spoke in a hush tone, "did you meet with Yoongi again?"

My body turns to ice as the blood rushes from it. I couldn't utter a single word. Instead, I sat there, my lips twitching while my eyes were as wide as golfballs. 'What can I possibly say or do in this instance besides tell him the truth.'

"I-I...yes," I whisper. My voice was so quiet as I droop my head to cast my orbs downwards. I didn't have the confidence to stare at my hyung.

I could hear Hoseok's heavy breathing despite the coffee shop being rather busy since it's after college hours, meaning more people would be down here to grab a drink and have a chat with their friends after a long day.

We sat in silence for a while, neither one of us knowing what to say. The loud chattering was now long gone in the background, like white noise. It felt like I was about to be scowled so I close my eyes in anticipation, waiting for the second when Hoseok might start yelling.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
But it never came. Instead, I hear Hoseok shuffle his seat back. I stare up with wide eyes, a sudden sense of panic settling in. "W-where're you going? A-are you l-l-leaving me?" I'm not sure why, but I always have this horrible feeling that people I care about might leave me. 'Maybe it's because it happened before...'

I watch Hoseok glance back, his eyes soften when he hears my strain voice. "No Taehyung, I just need some time alone to digest this information." I understood, after all, it's a lot to take in that I had meet with someone who had physically abused him for so long.

"But..." Hoseok trails off, catching my attention again. I glance up, confusion taking over as he gawks at me with an all too familiar look. "You need to stay away from them Taehyung. All of them. I know it will be hard with Namjoon being your roommate and Jungkook's in your class but keep a safe distance away from them at all times. Especially Yoongi." He whispers the last part, his tone bleak. I gulp but slowly find myself nodding, agreeing to my hyung's order.

"Good." He spoke with a short nod of his head. "Because as soon as I have something that proves what they did, I'm going straight to the police." I widen my eyes at what Hoseok was saying, though I knew he was right.

Deep within me, I knew I also wanted to turn them in. To have them locked behind bars. But then Yoongi's face would pop into my mind and all source of logic would be kicked to the curb. It's like my mind wants one thing but my heart wants the complete opposite. It was physically tearing me apart.