Chapter 13

Taehyung's POV

I groan, rolling around on the comfort of my bed while the beeping sound of my alarm goes off.

My fingers attempt to roam around my bed to find my phone so that I can shut off the awful noise. If I'm being honest, I never got a wink off sleep last night after having that unpleasant nightmare.

I knew today, I'll see Jungkook again even if it's solely just in the hallway. I couldn't stand the idea incase he suddenly pounces on me again like before.

'Maybe I should stick to staying in large crowds, that way if something does happen then there's others there to help and witness it?' Sighing, I shuffle my way towards my door, unlocking it before making my way over to the bathroom next door.

I turn the hot shower on, waiting till it heats up a little as I strip out of my clothes. My eyes faintly see that scar causing an unsettling churn in my stomach to occur.

I let my fingertips lightly brush over the bumpy skin, observing how the name stays present on me even after wishing hard for it to disappear.

For the longest time, Hoseok kept it a secret from me that he has the exact same scar. He would just lie saying that the now thin white lines on his skin were the only things he has left. But I caught him. I found out the truth that he has Jimin's name branded on his skin just like own.

I found it a bit off where the scar was since it's on his right hipbone. It was an accident really that I saw it since I unintentionally walked in on his while he was showering.

The look of the almost identical scar caused fuel in my nightmares for months after. I began to panic, thinking out every single thing they did to my hyung.

The night he told me everything that had happened to him was constantly being played through my mind like a broken record on repeat.

'How can he act so strong? Like he isn't hurt when he has been suffering for so long?'

But then I remember all those nights when he would cry himself to sleep, when he would go into fits of rage and smash things up. How my mom would sometimes have to rock him to sleep in her arms just to calm him, how he took all those hallucinations. Truth was my hyung is just as broken as myself. And that thought alone causes a great deal of pain in my chest.

I slowly climb into the shower, rubbing my hands over my sticky skin. The blazing heat burns my flesh as I furiously rub at it, wanting to clean the dirtiness off of me.

But no matter how hard I tried to cleanse my now stained and impure body, the filth just wouldn't come off. Like it has been embedded into my soul.

Sighing, I sink to my feet, letting out a choked cry. I like crying in the shower because the water spurting out of the shower head always mixes in with my tears. It seems to always trick my mind into believe I'm not crying when reality is, I am.

I knew I had to get out and start my day at some point. So weakly, I pull myself back to a standing position. I turn off the shower before stepping out, a cloud of steam follows me as I do so.

My fingers pick up a towel from the towel closet inside of the bathroom. I wrap it around my waist while ruffling my soaked hair.

Groaning, I head back out of the bathroom and into my room where I change and get ready for my classes. I only had till lunch time so I wasn't feeling too sad about it.

The only thing bothering me is that I have a double period of creative arts today meaning I will need to stay in the same presence as Jungkook for at least 2 hours. To say I'm not looking forward to it would be an understatement.

I wince, wondering to myself how Hoseok is getting on despite what happened yesterday. He had another class today so I'm hoping everything goes great.

I noticed that I still have some free time left before my first class starts so I decided to take a quick stroll to the coffee shop just down the road from the campus.

The minute I enter inside the quaint coffee shop, an instant rush of heat hits against my skin. I squint my eyes, trying my best to read what's on the board before settling on a simple chocolate frappuccino.

While waiting for my order, I stand off to the side, near the window as I gawk down at my phone in my hand. From the corner of my eye, I spot something outside that made my heart drop.

I look up, my head swirling as I stare at the person's now retreating back. 'Is that...but it couldn't be...' Out of instincts, I run out the coffee shop, attempting to catch the man but in the end I lose him.

My brown orbs blink multiple times, trying to register if what I saw just now was the real deal. 'No, of course not. He's blonde...that guy just now has bright blue hair.'

My gaze was so fixated on the busy street, staring at the area where the man who I thought was him disappeared to.

"Umm excuse me? Sir?" I whirl round to see a timid boy around my age awkwardly shuffling towards me. He seemed apprehensive about approaching me like I'm some famous person.

I blink, watching as he holds out a cup with my name written on it. "Y-you almost f-f-forgot your drink," he explains making my cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

'How embarrassing, I just ran out of there without thinking straight.'

"Oh, thank you so much." I smile, hoping to ease the awkwardness. The young boy was now a dark crimson colour as he hands me my cup, our fingers accidentally brushing against each other.

"Thanks again, I-uh should get heading." I mumble, pointing in the direction of the college. The boy simply nods, bidding me a goodbye with a wave.

I sip on my drink, still humiliated at how crazy I probably looked. 'But I swear it was him...I mean it looked just like him.'

My feet hastily run back to the college, trying my best to forget that embarrassing situation and how I mistake some random person for him.

Class wasn't starting till another 10 minutes so I quickly finish off my drink before heading into the room which is thankfully on the ground floor today.

I take a seat near the back of the class, enjoying how quiet this lesson seems to be since there are hardly any students inside. The lecturer soon enters the classroom and begins to teach us the different forms of techniques used in art.

To say I'm glad would be an understatement, I was in utter bliss over the fact that Jungkook wasn't in this class. It's like I can finally relax, knowing I'm at least save here.

I knew however, that my next two classes, I would have to put up with him being near but for now I can be at ease.

While taking down some notes, I couldn't help but wonder how Hoseok is getting on. 'I hope it goes well for him today.'

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Author's Note

Sorry that this chapter is a little late. 😬

Next chapter will be in Hoseok's pov so let's hope everything goes smoothly for him, maybe even get a bit more of a backstory behind how he escape in the previous book?😆

Also, I have just brought out a new book;

Taking On The Fuckboys {Taegikook}

So if you are a fan of Taegi/Yoonkook/Taekook and love polygamy relationships then I suggest you give this book a read.

Please vote ✨
Comment 💬
And follow ❤️